Ok well i am using the 'music power' thing that acts as a portable USB for you to charge off of. The problem(s), When i plug my ipod in it goes to the thing on the battery showin me im connected but not charging but not using battery either. My cord= it is one of the new touch cords and both ends have the rubber pulled away like 2 mm so i taped them up. The charger= when i leave it on for too long it heats up, like hella hot to the touch (no pun) ane then it startd making a medium pitch buzzing sound. Do you think that it is the combo of 2 crappy things (cord and USB) that makes my ipod not want to charge? Obviously there is nothing wrong with my pod because it recognizes it is plugged in.