Problem changing Music/Videos to iPod

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by raptir, Oct 7, 2009.

1. raptir

raptir New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just jailbroke my iPod Touch 2G running 3.0 again, and I wanted to change Music and Videos to iPod again, but without using Winterboard. I modified the info.plist files to say "<key>unified-ipod</key><true/>" in the two locations. This worked, and gave me the single iPod app. However, it has an improper icon of a white gradient. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.
  2. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Where are these "info.plist" files? Try putting the iPod icon (labeled "iPod.png", without quotes) in the folders the .plist files are.

Or, go the slightly easier way and do this:

1. In your themes.xxxxx folder create a new folder called iPod Icon or something like that.
    2. In the folder you just created, create another folder called "Icons"
    3. Put the iPod icon in the ICONS folder. (make sure it is labeled "ipod.png")
    Done!

I have no idea if that will be enabled, or be able to be enabled without winterboard. (wow, that looks like a confusing sentence)

Tell me if it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

~Happyman7

P.S. (I think) the icon is white is because it has no icon.
  3. raptir

raptir New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The info.plist file is in /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/. There are three icons in that folder, one for music, videos and the combined iPod.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well, I got it to work by renaming the icon file a bit, but I'm having a new issue. When I add it to a category or hide it directly via SBSettinga, it still appears on my springboard. Any idea what could be causing that, and how to fix it?
  4. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't think the iPod icon likes being in a category very well...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Try a reboot/respring.

WHY? Why would you even need to put that icon in a category?
  5. raptir

raptir New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried both obviously, neither worked. My best guess is that the hide protocol is seeing it as iPod now instead of the mobile music player app, and is therefore trying to hide it how it would for an iPhone instead of an iPod touch.

Honestly, I just don't use the music feature of my iPod much. I use it more like a PDA.