Problem after jailbreak: iTunes won't let me refuse the Software Update

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by walrick, Jan 26, 2008.

1. walrick

walrick New Member

Ok, I am having this annoying issue for two days now: every time I connect my iPod touch to my PC (Running Windows Vista and iTunes 7.6), iTunes will offer the January Software Update along with three options: "No Thanks", "Remind Me Later" and "Go to Software Update". Of course I choose "No Thanks" since I don't want to buy anything, but iTunes is not going to just take that. Every time I click on the "No Thanks" button, iTunes returns an error:

"The iTunes Store could no process your request, please try again later".

Then, the next time I connect my iPod, it offers me the software update again, and the whole story repeats over and over again...

This is REALLY annoying me. I have reinstalled iTunes, I have re-jailbroken using different methods, but the "offer" won't go away. It only happens when I am running 1.1.3 firmware. I am not sure if this is being caused by the jailbreak since I have never tried an unjailbroken 1.1.3.

Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance.
  2. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    When I was trying to downgrade my friends 1.1.3 today it did keep giving me the software upgrade window, same error as well.

Probably an issue with the iTunes store, I would just use a different firmware or just keep clicking no thanks, doesn't take too long.
  3. walrick

walrick New Member

No! Are you kidding? I don't think I can get used to this, really, I rather give my iPod away... I will update to 1.1.3 without jailbreaking to see if the error persists, if so I will contact Apple, maybe even sue them for non requested advertising that doesn't go away.

Thanks for the reply.

[Edited]
    Its unbelievable! I am running a fresh unjailbroken 1.1.3 firmware now and the error persists. Apple doesn't do good software anymore? Is it? These advertising every single time I connect my ****** iPod to my ****** computer are REALLY annoying, is just like a virus, adware or something of the kind. Lets see what they say...
  4. tropsoilc

tropsoilc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am having the same problem, has anyone found a solution?
  5. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yup had the same problem when my jailbreak broke (lol) and i had to do a restore to 1.1.3 gave me the same thing over and over.
  6. ed0h

ed0h New Member

I had same problem using Natan's jailbreak but using the dev-team one that error has gone away -- that and I went back to itunes 7.5.
  7. walrick

walrick New Member

I still get the error when I click "No Thanks" using iTunes 7.6 and 1.1.3 Dev Team, so I think I'me gonna "upgrade" to iTunes 7.5.
  8. rawland

rawland New Member

i have not jailbreaked ipod but have same error when click on No Thanx - i think its a problem of itunes, not ipod
  9. drphobus

drphobus New Member

unfortunately i have this same problem. to me this is like a shareware pop-up until you pay up.The only thing i haven't tried is to sign up to tunes ,but why would i need to sign give my info to others. ihave to its just wrong
  10. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    anyone got iTunes 7.5 to recognize the ipod touch? Ive downloaded it (for mac) and swapped librarys so it can read it, but it wont read my ipod