Probably unqiue problem lol

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by plystud, Nov 26, 2008.

1. plystud

plystud New Member

ok so i got a problem, more of an annoyance really.
    so let me throw down the specs first
    1 gen itouch currently fw 2.1

i recently decided it was time for me to update my itouch from jailbroken fw 1.1.4. simple enough just a quick download and i got fw 2.1.

but what about all the great apps i had? and the saves and files from them?
    i decied to use winscp too ssh and find the files and apps and save them to my pc, thats what i did.

now i upgraded my itouch to 2.1 i opend the itouch again with winscp. replaced the files to exactley where they were before example file was orginaly in /private/var/media/roms or w/e soo i put them all back, closed winscp. pressed the sleep button, but nothing was there on my homescreen, videos werent in mxtube also, even though i alrdy downloaded mxtube again off cydia and found the folder and threw them in there. so frustrated i turned off the ipod turned in back on and BAM, they were on homescreen

Please Register or Log in to view images

. one problem...... when ever i opened an app it opens for like a sec the closes back to home screen

. i downloaded a video on mxtube, and it was exatcly where i placed the other mx tube videos. but the ones i put in the file dont show up WTF!!

so there lies my problem, anyone got any ideas.

oh yea also i downloaded gba sega again off cydia and all my roms are found and work.
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

there are lot of changes really between the 1.1.x fw and 2.x fw.

if you're on 2.1 and jailbroken. it's better you re-download your files again.

that's the best you can do. but mxtube is still working on 2.x fw.

just search for the ideas, in these forums.
  3. plystud

plystud New Member

i guess, but to think that me putting the videos in the same spot might work =( oh well at least i wrote everything down lol