Prob a stupid question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by faze, Mar 18, 2008.

1. faze

faze New Member

If I get the software updated iTouch wouldn't it be pointless because once you downgrade to 1.1.1 don't you lose those programs? And can't you just download all the iPhone apps anyways????? Or am I just a complete idiot?

I guess my question is..Is the software updated iTouch worth it?
  2. faze

faze New Member

bumppp
  3. deleted account 4

deleted account 4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey! If you are saying you are already on 1.1.3 or 4 and wanting to get the software update, don't!

Have you jailbroken yet? If not you can do two things. One is to downgrade to 1.1.1 and go to jailbreakme.com.This would be sort of pointless if you want the software though. The other is to do the ziPhone meathod to jailbreak 1.1.4(search it).

Once you've jailbroken (again, if you aren't already) you will need to be on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 to get the software/stuff. Go to installer and add the repo with all the sources. Install BSD subsytem and any of the packages labeled something along the lines of "1.1.3/4 app pack".

Sorry if my instructions were confusing, ask any questions if you need to.

EDIT: w00t! My 200th post, and it's somwhat helpful!
  4. faze

faze New Member

Well...I am buying an iTouch today (woot) (16gb) and was wondering if it was really worth it to buy the software updated one if I am going to jb it...because can't you just get the software off the installer.app?
  5. thamatt

thamatt New Member

the update is already on if you buy a ipod touch today (i think). but you can get all the apps from update in installer
  6. faze

faze New Member

yeah, but you can buy one without the updates for cheaper..and I don't want to spend that extra money, so I'm just gunna jb it and install the apps from there