Private wifi problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mo11er, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Mo11er

Mo11er New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys, I am having some strange problem on my private WEP secured wifi. I have the standard wifi connection in my house via the router. All my devices such as Nokia E51, Sony PSP or notebook can join it without a problem. But my iPod touch 2g just can not! It shows up in wifi menu, but if I tap on it, then enter the password, it just waits, waits...and then it reads: Unable to join the network "name of my network". And the button: Dismiss.
    I tried to restore, to reset network settings, to change my password and anything and, well...it is all the same story. Please help if you can or I will be forced to stick my modem to buffalo's ass. xD Thanks for reading.

Apple iPod Touch 2g 16gb
    Jailbreak 3.0
    No tweaks
    Wifi operational on other networks
  2. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Put your iPod right next to your router and try again, if it still doesnt work, try this:

Download the iPhone Configuration Utitlity (i know you have an iPod touch) here.

Create a configuration profile and install it on your iPod touch (you'll figure it out, its pretty self-explanitory).

Once youve pressed the Install button on your iPod touch, put it right next to your router, and it should connect.

If it still doesnt work (which i'm pretty sure it will), maybe you should temporarily disable the security on the router and try again. If it STILL doesnt work, your router may be one of the very few "non-compatabile") with the iPod touch.

Sorry for the long answer, but I hope it helps...
    iAppleCentral®
  3. Mo11er

Mo11er New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you for your long answer, I will try it as you said. But I am affraid that my router is the "non-compatible" one, because if I try to connect my iTouch, there is not even a letter about that atempt in the router log, so...I will try conf utility and post the report
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So the WEP security made the problem and so with WPA2 it is allright.

Please Register or Log in to view images