PrivaCy

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by bobby681, Aug 21, 2009.

1. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A new saurik app is out, PrivaCy. It comes as a solution to a problem which has recently made news about app store apps secretly taking information about your device and/or location and storing it.

This led our very own iPhone Dev Team to post about it on their blog Link

This app came about when one of the better known companies involved (Pinch Media) contacted Saurik to propose a global 'opt-out' for sending this type of data. They then contacted similar companies which collected data aswell and got their consent and technical expertise on how to disable their system on the iPod itself.

The app disables the sending of personal information to the following companies, which should be commended for their cooperation on this issue. Flurry, Medialets, Mobclix and Pinch Media.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You should include all the information about the application, including that saurik was contacted by PinchMedia to create this application, then asked BigBoss to help contact and implement it for the other major similar companies. All companies agreed to creating this application, and helped implement it.

http://cydia.saurik.com/package/com.saurik.privacy
  3. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know I was planning on doing so, but then I had to rush off the computer, I'm gonna update it properly now
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Good news!
  5. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch