Print via Email from iPod Touch/iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 4dthinker, Mar 24, 2008.

1. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

I succeeded in adding a rule in Entourage on my iMac that will automatically print any email one of my accounts receives with "Print This" in the subject line. I've also been able to print links sent via email from Safari using the same subject text. Some web pages have "Email Article" options to essentially send an article's text to an email account. They don't open up my Touch's email app when doing so, so I don't get a chance to put "Print This" in the subject line. As such, I'm going to have to think up a smarter rule for printing. The Notes app also has an email icon. Touching it will open up an email with the note content in it, which can have the subject changed to "Print This".

Conclusion? You CAN print from your Touch, so long as what you want to print can be sent in an email, (email Notes and Safari links too). There may still be better/smarter ways. I could sure use cut/paste now!

Does anyone know how to create rules in Apple mail? I know the same can be done in Outlook. I've decided "Print This" is too much, and deletes a chance for a better subject name, so I've moved to adding "<P>" to the end of whatever the subject is, and changed the rule to look for <P> at the end of the subject.

It would be nice to add to this thread with ways to create rules in any other email app. I'm also looking for a print rule that will only print the body of an email and not the header info.

4D
    1 person likes this.
  2. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

No email rule experts here? I'll confess I hadn't played with email sorting rules until I wanted to be able to print from my Touch, but there is a baby programming language built in there that must have some amazing potential.

I've gotten the same thing to work with outlook. Many Touch owners are also mac owners, so I'd like to figure out how to create rules in Apple Mail too.

4D