[PREVIEW] Pocket Strum

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by bindle, Jul 24, 2008.

1. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Update: August 7

App is ready and 1.0.1 should hit the app store within the next few weeks for $2.99

video of 1.0 (1.0.1 is a tad different):
    http://www.vimeo.com/1482380

Please Register or Log in to view images

(edit: original post)
    hey guys, thought i'd let you in on a preview of an app me and a friend have been working on for the past week and a half. (well, the concepts been there longer, but we spent a few weeks jumping head first into objective-c & the sdk (fun)).

it's called 'pocket strum' and it basically lets you strum guitar chords. since there are a bazillion guitar chords, you can define your own chords when you need them (up to the 15th fret) and save them as well.

it's in beta right now. we have some friends testing it and depending on how that goes we might have a final version 1.0 ready next week to submit to apple. we may or may not try and round up more ad-hoc beta testers this weekend if we feel we need it (i'll make a post when the times comes IF we're looking for people).

it pretty much does everything we intend it to do. it's not meant to be complicated. just strum and create chords. now we're just trying to find bugs and iron them out.

------------------

cheers
  2. EVT

EVT Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    really cool!

how much will be costing?

EDIT: the song is really nice on the video! Great job!
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wow. looks like a nice app and how much?
  4. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks guys. it'll probably be no more than $2-3. but don't hold me to that, we haven't actually discussed it. we'll have a better idea once we have a final version and feedback from out testers.
  5. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    $2-$3's a good price.
    Any higher than $6 and I'll cry

I'm more than happy to Beta test if you do need though. I can send you my UDID ;D
  6. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    that looks cool, ill probably get it
  7. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch

update: No More Beta Testers Needed (disregard this post)

Hey guys, we've decided that we probably would like a few more beta testers for the app to ensure it's as bug free as possible. We're looking for a range of different devices: iPod Touch, iPhone, 3G, jailbroken or not etc. More iphone & 3g users if possible.

This will be done by using ad-hoc distribution. What this involves is rounding up some beta testers (obviously), and provisioning their devices (allowing them to run the app). We'll send the app and a provisioning file to them which they can then install on their device through iTunes. We want to get feedback on any bugs they encounter. It's running pretty stable on the devices we're testing, but we want even more possible scenarios to test on (firmware versions etc).

People we're looking for:
    -Have a genuine interest in testing this app
    -Have been a member of this forum for at least 2 months (joined before June) & have more than 50 posts
    -Have an iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPhone 3G running firmware 2.0. (particularly iphone 3g users (if there are any)
    -Running latest iTunes (probably)

People wanting to be beta testers for this app MUST agree to the following:
    -They will NOT distribute the provided beta app to anyone.
    -They will try their best to provide quality feedback to us about any bugs they encounter.
    -They assume the risks of running a beta app (reboots, crashes etc).

Any beta testers who break the rules above:
    -Will have their UDID blocked from any future apps we need testers for
    -Will be locked in a room with the Joker and a pencil

*If you would like to be considered, then you agree to the above, and please PM me the following information:

---
    Device: (iPod Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G)
    Firmware version: (eg: 2.0 5A347) (you can find this in settings->general->about)
    Jailbroken: (yes/no)
    ---

Only people who give the required info will be considered. Also I can't reply to everyone saying "Yes" or "No". Only those chosen will get replies with details. We'll accumulate some applicants first before going through and choosing people, probably later today. I'll post when we have enough people.

Chosen testers will have to eventually provide their UDID (unique device identifier), which can be found:

- in iTunes by clicking on their serial number (when their device is connected). this will reveal your identifier.
    - using Erica Sadun's "Ad Hoc Helper" application (recommended), which is FREE in the App Store. It lets you email your UDID right from your device.

thanks
  8. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Pmed.

I can see this being a top app.
  9. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks everyone, we have 8 new testers now.

we don't need anymore.

i'll pm those people information shortly on what to do. please get the UDID's as soon as you can. we can't provision everyone until we have all the UDID's.
  10. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

COOL! being a guitar player this should rock!