[Preview] Getting around web blocker app!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Tman47, May 2, 2008.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    okay guys so this is the first app i will make

Please Register or Log in to view images

if you have seen my previous thread about how to get around the web blockers at school... then search haha.
    anyways i was introduced to "ping" and "tracert" a couple weeks ago, once again if you dont know what that is then search lol.
    so i can get around blockers at school but only on a computer, and i realized that each site always has the same IP address, unless it has more then one server in that case it has however many IP's as servers. so what i am doing is making an app that will automatically redirect you to the sites original IP instead of the URL itself.
    this will not be out for a few weeks, as i am currently making one for the computer so i do not have to ping every time i want a new site opened and then i will make it for the ipod touch/iphone.

in the mean time, i will make a list of bookmarks you can add to your ipod touch that are named "youtube" or "myspace" but the link is actually the IP, so this is where you guys come in!

I would like you guys to post any websites that are blocked for you so i can add them to my list of bookmarks and the app, also post all the names you think would be good and after ill put a poll on the most requested names.

2. berky93

berky93 New Member

thats called a proxy. theres no need for an app, if you go into wifi settings you can set it to use a proxy for certain networks.

[try https://www.vtunnel.com - dont forget the httpS]
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ditto. Why not use something already built into the browser space? I might suggest creating a cgi proxy that is hosted on the iPod itself, that way your network administrator can't block it. You could open that page in safari, then browse... Maybe. I'm not that sure if a proxy must be outside of the network or not... Definetly would have to be if they block by server ip and URL. Experiment with this though, I might help you out a little.
  4. davebarrie

davebarrie New Member

thats all and good, but my school has also blocked all proxies. something like this could be helpful to me
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    adding on to wht I said up there, there are several ways you could choose to do this... I'm just not sure if you would have the ability to code them up.