Preview [Preview] Duckie's Leopard

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by therealduckie, Apr 10, 2008.

1. therealduckie

therealduckie Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is only a preview as I am working on more icons to include and tweaking a few of the images, but I thought I would show my progress and get some input.

Few things to note:

Yes, I am using colored icons in the top bar. I prefer them to Leopard's Black and boring ones. Usually I am a stickler for detail, as Danimator will tell you, but why waste a great piece of machinery with an amazing display by showing Black icons?

Most apps will use my own choice of icon for a replacement. For instance, I NEVER EVER use TextEdit on my Mac. I bought TextMate and prefer it, so the icon I used for TextEdit on my iPod was TextMate's. Personal choices may vary.

I do not know when I will be done. Don't ask. Sorry, I learned in my AquaSoft days not to give deadlines. They're too much pressure.

I used DemoApp.app for the 'MacintoshHD' icon. I made a copy, added an image to it, and made sure it wasn't hidden in 'Poof'. I tried using 'Categories', but it had a bug which removes my 'Contacts' icon from the Springboard. I only added this icon to the page so it would give me a semi-blank first page, like on my Mac.

I created many of the icons myself with Photoshop or by using the original app icons.

Here are the screenshots:

Main Page

Please Register or Log in to view images

Apps

Utilities

Games/Other

Criticisms are fine, if done respectfully and with sound reasoning. otherwise, PLEASE keep your trolling to a minimum.

Thanks,

Duckie

Attached Files:

2. thomasw4138

thomasw4138 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    umm... this looks very much like the leopard theme 1.2
  3. therealduckie

therealduckie Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Side by Side:

They're completely Different and I am taking a new approach to my theme. Plus, not all his icons are Leopard-exact. I appreciate his work, sure, but it wasn't to my standard of detail. Not to say he isn't detailed, but I like a more exact representation of the original OS.

And again, this is an early First Draft of my theme.
  4. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

are you the same "duckie" that used to frequent lakeridgesoftware.com?
  5. therealduckie

therealduckie Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, I am the same one. I sold the Axim ages ago. Just picked up my Touch the other day for $200 and already had an itch to make a theme.
  6. sophieslover92

sophieslover92 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you need some original Pngs have a look at my thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55507
    I just resized 600 of original Mac OS PNGs... Maybe they can help you with your Project

Anyway, i think its a great theme, and if you release it i'm sure, that i'm gonna use it!
  7. stulu5

stulu5 New Member

to be honest they are the same....ooooooooooooo the hdd is on the other side and u screen is dimmed but icons don't matter in this case. UL2 will be the ultimate leopard theme ever and there is no point of trying to beat it and also it the same with Vista Maximusv4 no one will ever beat it so y do ppl still post crappy themes with the name My vista theme. it cloggs up the forums
  8. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

Nice price you paid

I had to dish 300$ for mine...

I loved your work for the PocketPC, and can't wait to see how this comes out. So far I'm impressed by the theme, I'm currently using the default Leopard theme that came my Summerboard installation (icons all remained original for the theme).

As far as criticism for your preview

Will you plan to add any sort of transparency to the dock, it really adds a nice touch and is more "leopardish" as a result
    I like the Clock, Weather and Maps icons a lot

Stulu5 - it's all personal opinion as to which theme is "better", he's not trying to beat a theme..he's making what he likes as a nice alternative to that theme..heck I don't even use UL2 since I'm not a big fan of it, I might use Duckies theme however when it comes out. Duckie is a respectable theme creator and always releases his own Mac-related theme, regardless of the "competition"
  9. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

agreed. his work on pocket pc platform was really good. hope to see the final result of this!
  10. stulu5

stulu5 New Member

maybe your right about tthis theme but the vista ones are out of controll there is like 60+ of theme and they all look the same, one or two icons are bifferent but they are all the same