Preview [Preview] Devil May Cry 4ish

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Chewbocko, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Chewbocko

Chewbocko New Member

Well I'm not very good at this as it is my first one just starting.

So any tips or HELPful suggestions would be great, such as what could be done to improve or if you don't like the buttons, so on. Oh yeah I said Devil May Cry 4ish because the orbs are actually not number 4 to my knowledge.

Attached Files:

2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's pretty sick, not too crazy bout the wallpaper though but it's good. The whole Ebony/Ivory thing for the icons is awesome, but you need to do something else for the Calendar icon cuz it doesn't look right having everything all perfect and then having that big number over it. Where's Rebellion? That sword is sick! And Yamoto? The orbs look fine and they break it up nicely but I'm not really sure if they're necessary for the theme to work, they just kinda add color and are there. Maybe for the second page icons you could do Yamoto and(...what was it called...Force Edge?) anyway that sword crossing. You should try and make a lock screen for this as well and try to find some sweet wallpapers but this has a lot of potential.
    EDIT: This is just some detail work but the green orb has a small white outline around it, barely noticeable but still there. Also the dock is so flat...Maybe you could just make it have the "Devil May Cry" logo and make the rest transparent cuz the dock you have doesn't work for me.
  3. Chewbocko

Chewbocko New Member

Thanks, I'll look up on the orbs after I'm done playing Call of Duty 4 for a bit. I'm trying to make this all Devil May Cry 4 theme thats why there certain things I didn't add. I found a good Rebellion but having a hard time finding a GOOD Yamoto. Also how do I change the Calendar thing? make something to cover it up?
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Personally I like the third one, Virgil is badass. As for the Calendar, I figured you just make it a blank icon and isolate it from the other icons, Maybe put it on the forth row of icons all alone or put it on a different page or hide it or erase it but do something with it because it doesn't flow with the rest of the icons.
    EDIT: Actually it might be easier just to switch the Calendar and Safari icons, cuz the top left icon is usually different.
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry to double post, this one's for wallpapers

Please Register or Log in to view images

I simply image searched "Devil May Cry 4" for the last two and "Devil May Cry 4 Nero Devil Trigger" for the first and I just resized them in about two seconds so I know they're a little deformed lookin but I thought they were cool.

Attached Files:

6. Chewbocko

Chewbocko New Member

Lol switch them? Their both the same Icon and I done know exactly how to change the placement, when I made the Lucifer Icon it overlays Music I'm not sure how to fix that, and as for Docks. I'm still not 100% sure what they really are

Please Register or Log in to view images

as I can't seem to get any running for me. Dunno maybes its because I'm on 1.1.2 and I cant upgrade to 1.1.3. I like the Nero Devil trigger wallpaper I have a few of thous, only reason I used the one I did was because it was a good picture of both Dante and Nero xD
  7. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I gotcha on the wallpapers, um on 1.1.2 you can use Customize to change the icon order. And I know they're the same icon but it'll look better trust me. As for the dock, you said you didn't really know what they were so the dock is what goes underneath the bottom row of icons, the one you have is grey and flat and ugly. I can probably make one for you real quick tomorrow if you're not sure how. I wouldn't worry about the Lucifer thing because it looks sick as it is.
  8. Chewbocko

Chewbocko New Member

Yeah make a Dock for me so I can see how its done please and thanks.
  9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Actually, you can make the dock on your own, it's simple and I'll tell you how. First of all I'll provide a picture that you can use for the dock, resize the image to 320x91 (if you like it or you can find one on your own but I figured you'd want the DMC4 logo). If you like it like that name it "Dock" (without the quotes) and put in your theme folder and your done. My opinion would be to open that image with Photoshop or whatever you use and change all the black transparent except for the letters. It's a really simple thing to do and it'll make the theme look a lot better.

Attached Files:

10. Chewbocko

Chewbocko New Member

How does this look? I couldn't find a "Make Black transparent" option or anything so I just did my best to cut it out. I also tried to fix the Green ORB and switched Icons, tell me how it looks now.

Also is there anyway to make the dock bigger? as you can see it cuts off the top and I really don't want to make the image smaller xD

Attached Files: