Preview [PREVIEW/CONTEST] Make It My-Nitsua Contest

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by k.nitsua, May 29, 2009.

1. k.nitsua

k.nitsua Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    MAKE IT MY-NITSUA CONTEST:
    UPDATE: CONTEST ON HOLD AS OF JUNE 18TH UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Please Register or Log in to view images

Okay guys, one of the coolest things about the iPhone/iPod Touch community is its users' strive to obtain the most customized and personalized iDevices. Threads like "POST YOUR SPRINGBOARDS" and such just goes to show how much we try to "one-up" one another. It allows us to show creativity and innovation in something simple as our phones/iPods.

Another cool aspect to this is how people try and modify existing winterboards. Whether it is simply compounding multiple winterboards and widgets together, to creating their own "iNAV" by replacing graphics and changing colors.

With that said, I'm proud to announce the MAKE MY-NITSUA contest. I have seen several attempts in different forums to modify "iNitsua" but not very many due to 2.0.x's lack of customizable graphics without having to make one from scratch.

I have uploaded the following PSD templates to customize icons and wallpaper overlays for both landscape AND portrait versions of "iNitsua". I would like to see what your creative minds can come up with in regards to this theme.

RULES
    - Must be screenshots from your iDevice (when you post them, please rotate them first if they are landscape)
    - Submissions must be in by July 10th 10 PM PST
    - You can customize any aspect of "iNitsua".
    - You are NOT required to use original graphics, but maintain original format
    - Need to show ALL 9 pages.

Required:
    ---- 3 favorite icons on Page0-4
    ---- Main icon on Page0-4
    ---- At least 6 icons on Page5-8
    ---- You can choose what 5 springjump categories you'd like to choose, whether for iPhone or iPod Touch

Optional:
    ---- App Store/iTunes-style icons are optional (the bottom-right icons in the original theme)
    ---- Landscape statusbar is optional
    ---- Lockscreen is also optional, remember...has to be a screenshot
    ---- It's your choice whether to make a portrait or landscape mod, whatever you think you give you the most votes. Voters will not be asked which theme they are most likely to download and use, but which one is the best overall.

Submissions are encouraged to be posted here in this thread. Post your submissions for advice as to what direction you should take your mod to.

FINAL Submissions are to be sent to iNitsua.Contest@gmail.com
    - Remember to include all 9 images
    - Include the name of your "mod"
    - Include your forum name and what forum you are from
    - You are allowed ONE "oops, I want to change something, let me resend it". Once I sent you a FINAL reply, you can no longer update your submission.

PRIZES:
    What everyone really cares about =P

The 1st place winner of the contest will receive full support for their theme as part of the official iNitsua theme family.
    - $20 iTunes Gift Card.
    - Their mod will be hosted with iNitsua on Cydia
    - The winning mod will maintain their choice "iNitsua" mod name and also represent their community.
    ---- For example: Let's say the winning theme was called "Slasher Mod" from a contestant on "Modmyi.com" named "LakersWON". The theme will officially be called "iNitsua (Modmyi's LakersWON Slasher Mod)"... Long name, but hey, it REPRESENTS.
    - Winner will also be the first to receive iNitsua 3.0 will full icon support (I will PERSONALLY make an icon for all the icons you need them for... be gentle, please).

2nd place winner:
    - $10 iTunes Gift Card
    - A CHANCE to have their mod hosted with iNitsua on Cydia

3rd place winner
    - $5 iTunes Gift Card
    - A pat on the back

CONTEST FILES:
    iNitsua LANDSCAPE OVERLAY PSD
    iNitsua PORTRAIT OVERLAY PSD
    iNitsua icon template

The theme itself can be seen and downloaded HERE

References:

Here's some screens from iNitsua 3.0 in case you kinda needed a refreshment as to where the theme is headed.

Advice:

Keep in mind who is voting - your community and fellow iDevice communities. Show your ideas and share, but don't share too much that your competitors will have the opportunity to steal one of your ideas. My advice to you is to show up to 70% of what you have going for you, but keep 30% secret to knock competition out of the water!

Remember, you ARE representing your individual forum community. Integrating your forum into your theme may help you in the votes - but it can also hurt you as your submission will be voted for not only in your given community, but the others as well. When submissions go up, I will not put the names or the forum names next to submissions as to give it some sense of anonymity. But competition breeds excellence, so competing ideas among forums may push others to the limit and come out with something great. When I was making "iNitsua", I was carefully watching other themes as well as wanted to make sure I didn't carry their same flaws if they had any.

And finally, remember the concept of "iNitsua". "iNitsua" has the graphically pleasing aspects of iNAV themes with the simplicity and speed of normal spring/winterboard themes. Incorporate this into the heart of your "mod".

THE CONTEST BEGINS NOW. GOOD LUCK TO THE FOLLOWING CONTENDING COMMUNITIES...
    - Modmyi community
    - iPod Touch Fans community
    - MacCiti community
    - ZodTTD.com community

If you are part of an iPhone/iPod Touch community that may enjoy this contest, let me know asap.

Attached Files:

2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    $20 for first place

great contest, can't wait for 3.0!
  3. k.nitsua

k.nitsua Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Quick question: Do you guys think 4 weeks is sufficient amount of time for this contest? I figure, it'll take a week or so for everyone to find out about it... so maybe the contest should be 5-6 weeks. What do you guys think?

Also, do you guys need any other files?

Are the rules clear enough? Or should I be more specific? Should I show examples of what the contest entails?
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    As for the rules, they seem fine to me.
  5. NateTheGreat555

NateTheGreat555 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Awesome!
    Unfortunately, despite the schweet-ness of the landscape idea, I do use the iPod more Portrait. So my theme will be the portrait. Course, the landscape theme will always be available!

Just a few questions:
    What is the font you used in your theme? Every time I try to make icons, the template pops up with an error about not having the font available? Is it some sort of Helvetica?

Also, are the icons created in black and white, and the opacity used makes it seem grayish?

Thanks! Gonna start this after finals, which ends June 9th for me, so please make the contest last longer than that!
  6. k.nitsua

k.nitsua Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    @NateTheGreat555: The font used is "NeoTech". The reason it shows up as "Helvetica" is because I installed the iPhone Font file used in FontSwap (since "NeoTech" is a paid font).

Also, the icons created by me are COMPLETELY black and with 30% opacity. The more recently community-made ones have more of a greyscale.

I will also extend the contest by 2 more weeks.

Guys, help spread the word about this contest; the more people competing, the more I'll feel the $35 I'm putting into this fun venture is worth it. (Yeah, I know, it's only $35 bucks, but we ARE in a recession).

Also, if this is as successful as I'm hoping it will be - I'll be more inclined to host several more contests like this. SO SPREAD THE WORD.

I've already spoke with MacCiti and ZodTTD about front paging this contest (you know, to support their THRIVING community)... Can anyone here do the same or ask someone to do the same? I'd GREATLY appreciate it ^_^
  7. limisopop

limisopop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My god this theme is so godly. I'm too lazy to set it up, but $20 huh? I might do it

8. k.nitsua

k.nitsua Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Update: Contest on hold as of june 18th until further notice
  9. Jarrodis

Jarrodis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hey, what font did u use for ur icons?
    name will do,