Preview [Preview] Badge - my first full theme...

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by TheAppleTree, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAppleTree

TheAppleTree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Delayed...

I'm really sorry that I have to do this... I really thought that I could make my May 2nd deadline. Before you get too peeved with me, remember that I've taken on this project all by myself. I've put in about 26 hours on this, this week alone. And somehow, I'm STILL not done. I ran into a couple of bugs with the Other.artwork file and some transparency issues. I eventually figured out a work-around, but I'm still not completely satisfied. All of that fiddling with that file put me back some time. I think I've finally those done for all color variations, but now there's the little matter of the 21 summerboard themes with 250+ icon support. Needless to say, I'm going to have to keep working on this. Here's a little picture of some of the work that I've done this week:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Know that I'm doing my absolute best, and working as fast as I can. I'm hoping that sometime late next week I'll be able to deliver, but I can't be certain. (I'm going out of town with my family to celebrate my graduation) I know this is frustrating, but please be patient.

Hey everybody! This is just a little teaser of my first full theme. I plan on skinning absolutely every skinnable part of the touch interface. Badge will come in several colors, though I haven't quite landed on which ones yet. I'm totally open to suggestions!
    I would like to mention that I was totally inspired by David Lanham's Agua icons.

Update: I've done a ton of work on this theme and it is STILL taking forever. Here are some of the things I've been working on lately:

I'm really liking the little buttons on the bottom of that safari skin, ... they look even better on my ipod.

I've decided that I would make two versions of some of the regular dock icons. That is, there will be circular versions as well as some with transparent backgrounds. Several of you have also expressed that you didn't like the "wmp" style dock - so I whipped this one up, too. I'm quite pleased with it, but you can let me know what you think:

Color Variations that will officially be included:
    Black
    White
    Red
    Purple
    Yellow
    Bright Green
    Orange

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. CsSxPlay3r

CsSxPlay3r Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    OMG this is so nice! Icannot wait til its released! I will so be using it!
  3. DeusMachina

DeusMachina Retired Moderator

New Dock plox, WMP = way overused these days.

With a new dock this could be an incredible theme ^^.
  4. TheAppleTree

Device:
    iPhone
    Sure! I'm definitely open to suggestion about that... I kinda like the way that one looks, but it's true that it's a pretty over-done look. What do you think about other options?
  5. ben471

ben471 New Member

I think the dock looks good. Even though it's a WMP style it's very different. I feel like the Safari icon is a little out of place, the circle that it's in I mean.

On the whole the theme looks amazing and I can just about guarantee that I will actually use this.

The Safari buttons should be very similar to the icons I think, but not just circles. One suggestion I have is if you do skin everything don't do circles for EVERYTHING, it'll get a little old.

Please include a .PSD template so we can make our own icons.

This theme looks amazing already, I'm sure when you release it it'll be a huge hit!
  6. TheAppleTree

Device:
    iPhone
    That's a great point - I definitely know what you mean about juggling between circles and other shapes. So do you think that the safari icon should be just like all the other icons on the bar?
  7. boomchickawawa

boomchickawawa New Member

i think music should be the center just cuz like i mean wut was the ipod originally made for? yea thats wut i thought ;] and GREEN plz
  8. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oooh looks freaking sweet!
  9. TheAppleTree

Device:
    iPhone
    lol - I figured I'd pick a few icons and let you choose which one you wanted in the middle... I was thinking Safari, Music, Mail, Installer, and Launcher
    And I'll DEFINITELY do green

10. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you need any help colorizing this in to different colors I could do it. :-]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.