Prevent Sims 3 From Crashing

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by yoshio_221, Jun 6, 2009.

1. yoshio_221

yoshio_221 New Member

Hey guys, i kinda read this somewhere i forgot, but this helped me at least, Feel free to try! simply reboot your ipod before playing Sims 3, i find that this prevents the crashing. Everytime i have tried this, it hasnt crashed yet. I know it might be annoying to reboot everytime you wanna play, but it works. If you put it to sleep mode though, and start playing, i found that it crashes alot.. once again. Please reply if it worked for you or not, to help out the others. thanks!

Oh i forgot to mention.. you can also just simply go into safe mode by getting sb settings>power>safe mode.
  2. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea this usually works but it really does get annoying to do it every time (Especially since it takes so long on mine)

But you can also install SwapMode form Cydia. You can check out the vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlNZoTkGVpQ It's a lot easier than rebooting every single time. But it looks like iSpazio removed it from their repository for some reason so check the description on how to install the program manually.

It pretty much turns off all your Springboard extensions so that you have more memory to run Sims 3 and other games.
  3. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

where do you ssh the debian thats in the video?
  4. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    private/var/mobile

sorry I'll include that in the video details now.
  5. FireRed24

FireRed24 New Member

Actually you dont have to do the other way because SwapMode hasn't been taken off yet cause i just installed it myself and it works like a charm so get it while you can
  6. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I get constant crashes, and I always reboot. But what do you expect from EA really? *sigh*
  7. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you jailbroken idk?
  8. CheeseMo

CheeseMo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When I press su root ten return it asks me for a password...
  9. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You don't have to install it manually anymore, it's back on Cydia. Just go to the seach type SwapMode and install it like any other package.
  10. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Wouldn't it be just easier to use SBSettings to put your device into Safe Mode, and play? Its easier and that also disables all extensions that sucks up memory. Once you're done playing, simply get out of Safe Mode, (which takes about the same time a respring does), and you're good to go! In Safe Mode, its only crashed on me once.