Pretty happy with my Ipod touch .. :) but wifi ..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mizfiter, Oct 7, 2007.

1. mizfiter

mizfiter New Member

I feel like everything works pretty well on my ipod touch but I feel like the wifi only works well like 65% of the time on like all wifi's. My laptop macbookpro picks up the same networks as the touch and the touch constantly losses connection ? :/ is it the certain sites im trying to go? I feel like the only sites that load well are google.com , digg.com lol.. i dunno any ideas? should I get the same range as with the G in our touch's as my G laptop can get ?
  2. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

welcome to the forums! better go easy talking about your MBP, some people in here thing you are bragging if you mention one

Please Register or Log in to view images

im not sure why you are having wifi problems, perhaps you are picking up interference from a gay weather baloon or something.
  3. mizfiter

mizfiter New Member

hehe how would a weather baloon effect my wifi lol.. no but seriously i dunno , dosent seem to work all the time like it should.. ill pick up my network full bar on my laptop but only 2 bars from the same spot on touch ? weird.
  4. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

I took my touch to my friends house, and jumped on her internet.

For some reason, youtube loaded slow as hell. They laughed and said "Your iPod sucks!" I got angry, and told them it was their connection. It works perfectly fine when i'm at home.
  5. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

Same here. youtube is almost instant at home, when I visited my brother because he wanted to try the iPod, he said it sucked.
    Youtube hardly worked, lots of videos wouldnt load at all.
  6. kdm

kdm New Member

This is interesting. My sister got an iPod Touch today (mine is still waiting to be replaced) and YouTube took ages to load and kept losing the WiFi connection.

Maybe there is an incompatibility with certain routers. Ours is a D-Link.
  7. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am having the same problem. The only site that I can get to load is google. I will try digg later. Any other sites will not load. I use it right next to my laptop which gets great signal. When I connect the Touch to wifi, I start with 3 bars, but they quickly drop to 2 bars. When I first got the touch, it worked great. But now, youtube, safari, and even the itms won't work.
  8. Hakon

Hakon New Member

hello guys
    it may be the router. I have a netgear
    and it works perfectly well. Actualy, I'm writing from my ipot right now
  9. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Keep in mind that the Touch is a much smaller unit than a laptop and therefore doesn't have the power, literally, that a laptop unit has. I suspect that the Touch will suffer more from interference and poor signal quality than a latop.

Speed issues may also be due to other devices on the network. In the examples given here it was not clear if there were other devices on the same network as the Touch and whether they were doing anything with respect to the network. Someone else downloading a file or streaming music on another computer in the network could have a serious impact on overall network performance.

I have seen other small form factor devices like PDAs and Handheld games having similar problems as reported here. I believe that these small devices are all underpowered for WiFi in order to save battery life.
  10. mizfiter

mizfiter New Member

o. Guess its not just my iPod mmmm maby further updates will fix this.