Preferences.app/ Settings Problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by redjoker5, Jan 7, 2008.

1. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

can someone please help me? i was tryin to get the advanced settings into mah ipod touch. by accident i deleted some files and my settings app dissapeared. i found the orignal preferences.app folder and i deleted the old one and installed the new one. now settings is back but when i go in it uthing happens. the screen just stays there and then it goes back to the springboard. what is going on?? someone please help me. i would hate to have to restore again for somthing taht seems as dumb as this. thnk you
  2. chaddanieladcock

chaddanieladcock New Member

I did the same thing last night and it took me a while to figure it out myself. Once you reinstall the original preferences.app folder, make sure you go into preferences and reset them to 755. Everything should work then.
  3. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

it is. tahts the first thing i checked. bekause i got used to checking it from using the gba emulator. i mean i dont even use my settings so its not taht big a deal but still i dont want this to possibly have repercussions later
  4. taxbax

taxbax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    man i have been dealing with this for over 24 hours. i just figured it out...its not the folder that needs to be 755, its the actual preferences file! within the folder...

Please Register or Log in to view images

thank me later
  5. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

you...are...GOD!!! lol i never would have tried this i thought that changing the permissions on the folder changed the ones in the files that the folder contained. my settings are back to normal no. i trully thank you for this. haha this is the best forum