Preferences.app gone??!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tlxxxsracer, Jan 15, 2008.

1. tlxxxsracer

tlxxxsracer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys. Somehow my preferences.app was deleted. Im not sure how, because I never went and deleted any folders. If anyone could help me wit how to get this back, I would be very greatful

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank you
  2. FallingBalloon

FallingBalloon New Member

Mine disappeared too. It happened after I installed the latest update to "extended preferences."

I un-installed it, but services is still gone. It shows it in customize, but it's unusable. I managed to get it to show up inside of a category using categories, but it only had a question mark for an icon, and when I tried to open it, my iPod crashed to the springboard...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  3. Khamelion

Khamelion New Member

If you have installed Extended Preferences without deinstalling the old version you'are as dumb as I was.

Could someone upload the Preferences.app for us? xD
  4. dionysus623

dionysus623 New Member

same thing here. maybe if someone could pm us the preferences.app? it would be much appreciated.
  5. FallingBalloon

FallingBalloon New Member

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=216688&page=7

go here, and to the seventh post down. it has how to reverse this. It was a confusion in installer, two apps were named exactly the same thing, and so one was given an update from the other. This obviously caused MAJOR problems, haha.

EDIT: It also has all the files you need, including the latest versions of extended prefs, so you know you won't need upgrades. full instructions on everything. This is from the guy who made it, he knows this, haha.
  6. Khamelion

Khamelion New Member

I found a solution.
    Just rename and copy a Preferences.app in your applications folder and uninstall the extended Preferences.
  7. wadded

wadded Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    whatever you do don't try reinstalling 1.1.1 it bricks ur iPod u can't do n e thing on the slide to unlock screen it just keeps on reloadng with the loading circle. Im gpnna try a full restore soon tough
  8. tlxxxsracer

tlxxxsracer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok well i went on that forum. I have the files. The thing is, I dont have wifi at home. So how would I move files to my ipod? Because the SSH clients need an ip address and if theres no wifi, no ip. Is there a way to do it on the touch, or some other way? Besides doing a full restore, because itll take forever to get sources and then all the apps back on.

Thanks