PreferenceLoader not on Cydia

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by theiThemer, May 4, 2010.

1. theiThemer

theiThemer Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Rarely ask for tech help, but this has me stumped.

Jailbreaking/untethering a friend of mine's iPt3G and I'm trying to install Iconoclasm (legal) and it goes to install but gives the error about how it can't install PreferenceLoader.

So, thinking I'll just install it manually, I go to search for it and sure enough, it doesn't show up on the results. A little more research and I found out its supposedly held on the BigBoss repo, which I checked and the repo is installed fine. I click on BigBoss and scroll through all of BigBoss' packages, and to no surprise, its not there.

I know I can easily snag it off of the web and manually install it through Terminal or iFile, and if this doesnt get any responses within about a half hour, I'm going to have to, but I'd prefer if someone explains to me whats going on here. Hopefully someone knows if the name got changed or something.

I know its not much of a big deal, but...

Thanks. :D
  2. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Did you have Cydia set on 'User' mode because only basic packages show. You can set it to 'Hacker' or 'Developer' to see packages others wouldn't normally see.
  3. theiThemer

theiThemer Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You sir, are the f***ing man!
  4. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Lol, thanks. I am no developer, but I always set it to that, so I see everything installing. I remember coming across the like yesterday when I was browsing my packages. But yeah, you should always set it back if you don't know what you are doing.