Predictions for Apple? (Apple vs. Microsoft)

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Qartin, May 3, 2009.

1. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I recently was watching the stocks and Apples stock is like $130 and it went up by another $1 and keeps rising.

And the Microsoft stock is only like $23, and is going down.

This got my thinking is Apple beating out Microsoft?

What do you guys think?

I think in another 5 or 10 years Apple is going to crush Microsoft to a little bug. Everyone is going to start using Mac OS X cause its easier to teach and learn on.

Ive already spotted some schools switching there computers to iMacs.

Personally everyone one says it was Vista that did it in for Microsft but, I think its that there not consistant, seriously they focus more on User interface and adding more features which are useless instead of improving speed, and performance, and the bugs that are already there. Plus the Zune player sucks, and Microsofts numerous attempts at trying to save themselves. Everyone uses Firefox or Safari cause Internet Explorer is just sh*t now.

So thoughts? Anyone agree?
  2. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    People will switch to Linux.
  3. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    haha yeah right apple will take over microsoft.

That will never happen, either way by both companies. No one company will ever monopolize the computer market, there is just too many people on it and both have their own pros and cons.
  4. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But seriously I dont remember Microsoft releasing anything that is usefull in the last 3 years.

Consumers want simplicity and Apple offers that.

I have a Macbook Pro, and 3 PCS in my house 1 running Vista, 1 Running XP, and 1 Running Windows 7.

And theres seriously NO competition when comparing them. My Mac just kills all my PCs and exceeded my expectations.

I will never ever buy another PC in my life, I dont care that Macs cost more, your paying for Quality.
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You may not care, but you'd be surprised how few can actually afford to fork out the money for a Mac.
  6. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Okay, consumers want simplicity, but yeah lets look at the economy, so a simple "I dont care about the price" is only for the 2% of the population who have disposable income.
  7. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple has a good thing going with the iPhones. Definitely helping their stocks. Microsoft has suffered lately mostly due to the economy and Vista's low popularity.
    You just described Linux. But ok.
    Ok... But my school switched from Macs to Windows machines.
    And Apple doesn't focus on User interface? Vista was pretty buggy on my computer though. And Windows7 actually is faster than Vista with less bugs.
    And the iPod costs much more and has less storage. That is like comparing an Audi to a Toyota, of course the Audi is faster and cooler, but it is more expensive and less reliable. IE does suck, but I don't really like Safari either.
    My only thought is that you're a crazy Apple fanboy and hasn't tried Linux or W7.
  8. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Erm, No.

Stocks are always changing.

Linux Woops all, As it Is free, and can still run the same programs that windows can. Using Wine.
  9. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    linux, as well as every OS has its good and bad sides. No offense but Wine can suck alot, and thats why I tri boot
  10. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, Wine is horrid. VMware ftw?