Prediction Time! - iPad 2G!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jayden, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPad 2G?

Will It have all the Specs from the iPod Touch 4G?

Heres what I think.
    - Camera (Front and Back)? For iSight?
    - Facetime (Over WiFi and/or 3G)?
    - Game Center?
    - iOS4.5 or iOS5?
    - Printer Support Maybe?
    - HD Video Recording?
    - Retina Display? ED (Extreme Definition)

All this I'm hoping is going to be on the Summer Apple Event of 2011 in June/July. What d'you think?​
  2. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    USB ports, just no
    iOS5, no
    retina display, maybe
    the rest plausible. I think we'll be seeing a dual core ARM processor maybe, afaik they're in production now can't really remember ( the processor not the ipad) and maybe 1GB of RAM, seeing as how the iPhone 4 has 512mb im sure we can hit 1GB on the iPad and the dual ARM should be able to address that much easily
  3. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I don't think it will have a back camera. A front one? Definitely

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight New Member

I think this one will be announced in January or March.

So, either when they did it last year, or a week before it comes out.
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

I think there'll only be a front facing camera. I doubt we're going to get any more than the wireless printing, but maybe there will be an attachment for it.
  6. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  7. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They would have to redo the entire screen to get a form of retina display on the iPad.. Why would someone even want to take a picture with a rear facing camera on a device that is almost as big as a Ruler..?
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Printer support is coming in November with iOS 4.2.

Has anyone taken the time to actually calculate what a Retina Display (326 PPI) would be for the iPad?

Edit: And the rear camera is nearly useless. Holding mine, right now, I can't even imagine trying to take a picture with it. It would look and feel insanely ridiculous. Although a front facing camera is a given.
  9. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yeah, a retina display for the iPad would be 2560 x 1920, so there is no way Apple can pull it off and still keep the price at $500, and there is no mobile GPU strong enough to drive such a display anyway.

So IMO:
    USB ports: no, use the camera connection kit if you really need USB that much. It works.
    FaceTime: maybe, but this can still be easily remedied by outing a camera peripheral that can connect to the dock port. Why didn't people think of that? The dock camera can also act as a rear camera for HDR pictures as well.
    Retina Display: impossible unless Apple can put in a GPU with 3-4 times the processing speed of the current one with the same power consumption. Such a thing simply doesn't exist.
    iOS 4 definitely. Likely 4.3 at most.

So I think... Apple may just keep the current design or change it a bit, go for a CDMA version of the current iPad, up the RAM to 512MB, shove a camera in there, and that'll be it. But honestly, if they can make a camera peripheral for the current iPad that works through bluetooth (with a clipper to clip to any place on the machine) or the dock port, it'll be a more elegant fix than making a rear-facing camera and a front-facing one. For one, the iPad is much larger than the iPhone or iPod, so holding it at an angle properly for video chat won't necessarily make it comfortable to hold, or comfortable to type. For one, what if you want to put it to landscape?
  10. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Honestly, it is sounding like the only things that they need to do is to add more RAM, perhaps a new Apple A4 (more powerful), front facing camera and... Well, that's it.

Really, the current iPad is still very adequate, even compared to current products. Look at the Galaxy Tab; it is basically an iPad in terms of processing power and hardware, but smaller.