pre-ordered from tescos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by truemarcm124, Sep 17, 2010.

1. truemarcm124

truemarcm124 New Member

hey everyone, im kinda new, so on sunday the 5th i pre-ordered the new ipod touch 4th generation 32 gb from tescos direct, it said online pre-order before the 7th and you'll get it on the 9th, so on the 9th, my ipod didnt turn up, i phoned tesco direct, and they said that apple aren't shipping them untill next thursday and that there are none available anywhere in the UK, so i phoned the apple store and they said that they had a delivery of them in at 12 the night before. so it was supposed to come yesterday, so i phoned tesco direct again, and they said that apple werent giving them to the retailers and are keeping them for themselves, and said that they will handle the deliverys and everything. so i phoned apple HQ today and they said that their is a fault on the cameras so they are fixing it then shipping it. i feel that this is 100% out of order, and that both companies should have notified me. anyone else pre-order from tesco direct?
  2. touch_sensitive

touch_sensitive Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Firstly, I'm sorry for your ordeal. It sounds tough, especially since you're waiting for an amazing gadget, but be patient and it will be worth it.

Secondly, they said fixing a fault with the camera, clicking when wifi is on anyone?
  3. Palder

Palder New Member

I am in exactly the same position.
    Ordered with Tesco Direct on the 6th with the same delivery promise.
    I complained and Tesco quickly amended their delivery promise.
    I was told 16th Sep but that has been and gone and no info from them
    I have tried 4 different Apple stores on numerous occasions and never has there been a 64gb available.
    I now read today that camera problems appear to be the reason for limited or noo supply.
  4. ScottishTaz

ScottishTaz Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    At least your deliveries are in this month, I pre-ordered mine from Kays and my delivery date is 6th October

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. truemarcm124

truemarcm124 New Member

6. ScottishTaz

ScottishTaz Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    http://www.kays.com/
    You don't have to pay it all in one go but weekly with no interest, it's pretty good.