iPhone 4 Pre-order iPhone 4 Options Discussion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gsimonds, Jun 9, 2010.

1. gsimonds

gsimonds Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There are basically 4 options to pre-order the new iPhone. AT&T Store or website, Apple Store or website. I have never experienced the pre-order of a highly anticipated device myself, so I am trying to clear things up.

I've read that pre-ordering through both AT&T Store and their website will result in getting the iPhone on June 25th or later. I have read that doing the same through Apple store/website will result in getting the iPhone on June 24th or later, a day earlier.

The nearest Apple store is too far from me, nor do I wish to deal with lines, so my option is to go through the Apple website. I did a dry run with an iPhone 3GS last night, and apparently I cannot add an additional line to my service online, that can only be done in the store, so my plan is to simply start service for my wife on her own, and then go to the store after we get the new phone to switch to a family plan. Is there anything wrong with that logic?

Also, my plan is to place my order immediately when they start accepting them on Apple's website. Does anyone know the exact time? My guess is midnight, PST, which makes it 3am for me. Any advice?
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I did the same thing with my iPhone.

I convinced someone in my family to buy the iPhone.
    He started out with a new line and then merged onto mine, starting a family plan.

I honestly don't think it'll make a difference if you preorder even a day after they start.
    Chances are you'll still end up getting it the day it's released, or the day after at the latest.