Pre-jailbreak questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by jasonc23, Oct 23, 2008.

1. jasonc23

jasonc23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hey, can you guys help me out with a few questions.

1. I heard I have to do something with my frameworks, do I?
    2. Im on official 2.1, is this ok?
    3. Should I know anything about things like instaler or cydia or what not to install or would genrally kill my iPod?
  2. shitpan

shitpan Banned

3. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    There are programs throught Cydia that run in the background (like themes and application launchers, or additional languages) that can slow down your system considerably or make it less stable. Nothing is dangerous in the sense of "killing" the ipod, you can always restore but it wastes alot of time.
    Do not install Installer. It is very instable, there is nothing there that you can't get on Cydia, and it will cause the ipod to lock up.
    I have JB's many times but now I have ended up with non-JB clean 2.1 which gives the best performance.
    If there is something specific that you crave that you can only get via JB, or if you love tinkering, go ahead, but otherwise you may want to consider sticking with the "clean" 2.1 firmware.
  4. shitpan

shitpan Banned

yeah i agree. i have an iphone 3g and a 1g ipod touch and the touch is jailbroken.its a lot slower and less stable. you can get apps and all the stuff you want from the app store. just some things cost money. but in most cases you get what you pay for. so its worth it. plus updating firmware is a hassle when you're jailbroken.
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You guys who have slow-downs due to jailbreaking are doing it wrong. No apps automatically run in the background unless you use backgrounder like a b*tch, besides Safari, Mail, and MobileMusicPlayer.
  6. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

search for mobile installation using openSSH