Ppl Please Help..!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by abhimanyukhunger, Dec 11, 2008.

1. abhimanyukhunger

abhimanyukhunger New Member

hello,
    i m using a 1g iPod touch, i accidently spilled sm water on my iPod and the water went inside it via the usb connector, while it was working n i ws listenin to songs.
    the back light of screen has gone after the incident but all other functions are responding like they did.
    how can i bring back the back light??
    thanks.
    regards.
  2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Shut down your iPod, and submerge it in a bowl of white rice for 24 hours or so. Trust me on this, the rice absorbs water very very well. However, continue using your iPod with water inside may have permanently damaged some hardware (including backlight) so no guarantees, but rice (or kitty litter) is your best bet.
  3. abhimanyukhunger

abhimanyukhunger New Member

thanx.

thanx for ur prompt advice, actualy its been quite a tym d incident occured. i ges theres some internal damage, wat to do?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Unfortunately, you can't bring it back to Apple even if you're under your warranty still because there's water damage and they'll blame you. The water sensor in your iPod has likely changed color, so it's obvious to them. So that's ruled out.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    As Kiks52, said you're on your own. However, the rice idea has got some promise, though I'm not sure how much it will help. Also, it would be in your best interest NOT to use the iPod when there is water inside, as this water is an electrical conductor and will fry your device.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    fear_2670 could probably suck the water out for you.