Powerbook G4 "AirPort Card not Installed" Solution Idea... Problem.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Ryuukumori, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Apologies around the table for the 2nd thread, but this is very important.

I believe I have pinpointed the exact problem of why my airport card is not recognized. I am following this discussion on the Apple website.

Since I updated the computer to the latest Leopard software, it is causing a problem with the AirPort recognition. In system files, the "AppleAirPort2.kex" file is not there. So I have to install the Keychain and Login 1.0 Update, then the new key will be there, so I can delete it, restart my computer, and get the AirPort working.

I just downloaded the Keychain and Login 1.0 Update, but run into a problem when going to install it. This is what I get.

"You cannot install Login & Keychain Update on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

Here's a picture.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

What is the meaning behind this? Any way I can find a solution to this?

Once I can bypass this error and install it, I can finally delete the AppleAirPort2.kex file and be able to get my AirPort card to recognize.

Serious help wanted. Thank you.
  2. advisor

advisor Guest

The link in your mail is not functioning, would you please send it again.

You can find illustrated disasemble instructions for many Apple computers here: www.ifixit.com