power support anti glare film for ipod touch 2g fit ipod touch 1g

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ketot, Dec 31, 2008.

1. ketot

ketot New Member

u see, where i stay, there aren't any apple shops. however, we have apple resellers. so they don't have absolutely EVERYTHING advertised in the apple online store. anyway, i was reading about the power support anti glare film and thought it was nice, because i dont like smudging up the screen. also, my friend has one for the iphone 3g. in the shops, no protective film is being sold for the ipod touch 1g anymore because it can be considered obsolete. all they have are protective films for the ipod touch and iphone 3g. so i was online and decided to do a little research and this is what i found on the apple website:

iPod touch - Technical Specifications

* Height: 4.3 inches (110 mm)
    * Width: 2.4 inches (61.8 mm)
    * Depth: 0.31 inch (8 mm)

iPod touch (2nd generation) - Technical Specifications

Height:
    4.3 inches (110 mm)
    Width:
    2.4 inches (61.8 mm)
    Depth:
    0.33 inch (8.5 mm)

as we can see, the height and width of both the ipod touch 2g and 1g are the same, down to the tenth of a millimeter. i dont really think the depth matters much for the screen protector thing. so, i was wondering: since the dimensions of both of these devices are the same, the protective film for ipod touch 2g should fit the ipod touch 1g. now, i just need confirmation from yall that it WILL be able to fit on my device. please reply asap ;D
  2. themoonglows22

themoonglows22 New Member

The front will definitely fit but the back won't. The 2G is curved so even though the dimensions are similar, the surface area isn't
  3. ketot

ketot New Member

thx man. the front was all that mattered to me anyway cos i got some case to cover the rest of my ipod. cheers
  4. themoonglows22

so your spending 15 bucks for a front screen protector? If you do that i would advise ordering an invisableshield byy zagg, front only for the same price but much higher quality. Or, if you want to save you money, best skins ever, but I you really want antiglare, power supporrt is your best bet
  5. ketot

ketot New Member

yeah i guess imma spend that money on a front screen protector...i want the anti glare thing cos our fingerprints and all that dont get on the screen easily.
  6. themoonglows22

ok, then thats a good screen protector, I'm just saying, if you want protection, then go with invisibleshield or bestskinsever