power out while is was jailbreaking 1.1.4 Ziphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Nitroz, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Nitroz

Nitroz New Member

I was jail breaking my ipod touch with Ziphone when there was a power out and my computer lost power and shut off in the middle of the jail break. now on my ipod touch screen it keeps saying BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 before it said that it said something about cable being removed now my itouch isnt working when i force it off and turn it back on again it keeps showing the message over and over again. itunes doesn't recognize it and i dont know how to fix it. Any body know what i can do?
  2. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Force Restore?

Or try to kick it into DFU mode, by doing a force restore, then raping the 'DFU Mode' button like crazy.

Laptop's aren't effected by power outages, so I haven't got this problem.
  3. Nitroz

Nitroz New Member

whats DFU?

Edit: i held the home button and power button for a while and itunes detected it. Itunes downloaded version 1.1.5 but it wouldnt restore my ipod because it said my firmware/software or w/e is corrupt. im gonna try doing the same thing again.
  4. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

Woah, I guess God wanted you to get a Zune then
  5. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

what does a zune have to do with anything??
  6. Nitroz

Nitroz New Member

after restoring my ipod through itunes 4 times the 4th time it actually worked now im running in firmware 1.1.5 and every things fine.
  7. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

glad to hear that

Please Register or Log in to view images

I guess God didn't want you to have a Zune after all

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Nitroz

Nitroz New Member

i just jail broke it with ziphone perfectly no errors no nothing. its working perfectly on 1.1.5. so i guess its ok to say that its safe to upgrade to 1.1.5
  9. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Same thing happened to me. I force restored it. Hold the home and the power button for about 15 seconds until it powers off and then hold the home button and plug it in...keep holding until it is reconized by your computer and then restore it. When it happened to me i was scared but the i fixed it.