Power Off Turns On In Recovery Mode Is This Normal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JP MoneyStock, Nov 1, 2009.

1. JP MoneyStock

JP MoneyStock New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Please Help!!!!! I’m new at the jailbreak process and have successfully Jailbroke my iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 using windows vista 64bit.
    I’m not sure if this is normal but after doing the jailbreak I power off (reboot) and it always goes to the DFU mode showing the iTunes and the usb cable.
    I believe this is in recovery mode and when iTunes opens up it says that I need to restore to factory settings. I did this the first time and had to do the
    jailbreak all over again. I then figured that when that screen comes on I close iTunes and make it rain again and everything I did and installed is still
    there. Now, do I have to make it rain everytime the device reboots or the battery wastes and it powers off? Like I said I don’t know much about this so if
    someone can help me understand what to do or show me what I’m doing wrong it will be greatly appreciated. My email is j.p.italy@live.com please send an
    email because it will be easier for me. Your all awesome with help I’ve been getting with other issues and questions. Thanks all.
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    your iphone is tethered. that means every time you reboot you need to make it ra1n.
  3. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I am having similar thing happening to me, I used redsn0w to jailbreak mine and whenever I turn mine off before bed I can always wake up to find it's turned itself back on and battery has drained loads