Power lost in middle of jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by neeedhelp, Mar 30, 2009.

1. neeedhelp

neeedhelp New Member

Can anyone help me with this?

I was jailbreaking my ipod touch 2.2.1 with the cyw00d file, and in the middle, I lost power. My computer rebooted, but as I was in the middle of messing with the firmware and putting it in DFU mode, I think everything got messed up, because now Windows will not recognize my ipod, and holding the sleep/power button won't work either. It's just a black, unresponsive, ipod touch. I don't know what to do to restore it or something....

Can anyone help?
    Thanks.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Did you press the restore button in iTunes?
    If you did not, go get a replacement one from Apple. It simply stopped working.
  3. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's perfectly fine. Just put it back into DFU mode.
  4. neeedhelp

neeedhelp New Member

You mean by holding the menu and power buttons? It still doesn't work. I could hold it for an hour and it still stays black...
  5. chrisbom5

chrisbom5 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    haha your fine. hold down the power and home for 10 seconds ( i usually hold longer in case) then release the power while holding the home which i usually hold for about 10 seconds even though its 8. it should say its not recognized thats okay just continue the process. it worked for me. but now that the untethered is out i suggest that. just download thw program called Quick Freedom.
  6. neeedhelp

neeedhelp New Member

Well, after doing that it says that the thing has malfunctioned, and when you go into the device manager, it says that there are no drivers installed. I'm beginning to think the thing is wiped clean....Should I continue to do it? It seems like if it doesn't work the first time then doing it 100 times won't really do the trick....
  7. litobro

litobro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Getting the timings right is extremely important, get a stopwatch out, and count down holding both buttons for 10 seconds, then hold home for 8
  8. aaron11193

aaron11193 New Member

I thought I had a brick one time..

Turns out I just can't count

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Torrents

Torrents New Member

What I do is I hold the home button and power button down at the same time for roughly 12 seconds, then I release my finger from only the power button. I just keep pushing the home button until I hear the USB connection chime from Windows. Works like a charm every time.

If it is still unrecognizable, keep trying and don't start stressing out.
  10. Yongobongo

Yongobongo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wait, did you ACTUALLY start the jailbreaking process?
    If not, your device is just in DFU mode. Do as the above have said and either hold the home+power button combo to get it out of DFU and back into an operable state, or if you can't get that to work, just try to get your iTunes to restore it in DFU mode.
    It should detect it if you have iTunes open when you start the device in DFU mode.