power drain

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hellscell, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Hellscell

Hellscell New Member

ive noticed that since i jailbroke my ipod it s battery life has drained significantly. is this common, and is there anything i can do to make it last longer?
  2. xIpodTouchGurux

xIpodTouchGurux New Member

I think it is common because you are using it more and doing more things on it..

I'm sure apple will be coming out with things to help the battery life.
  3. seveniron

seveniron New Member

I read something about apps not shutting down properly if you don't hold the Home button for 5 seconds, thus draining the battery. Not sure if this would apply to jailbreak added apps as well. Can't remember where in the forum I read this, but you could try searching

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Hellscell

Hellscell New Member

o ok thanks, yea i thought it was just because i was using it, but now im just listening to songs and it still is draining fast
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Couple things you can check - Turn off Wi-Fi when you're not using it (wireless drains a lot). Turn off SSH when you're not using it. Let your screen autolock after 1 minute (screen uses a fair amount of battery). Certain applications use a lot of processor and a lot of battery (e.g., NES and other emulators, MobileScrobbler, etc.). As for applications, if you install Sysinfo, you can see what applications are left running when you go back to the home screen, and you can kill unnecessary ones (or know which ones you should hold down the Home button for 5 seconds to kill).
  6. Hellscell

Hellscell New Member

o ok thanks alot! bt do you mean the apps that drain alot(liek nes) drain alot just bc there installed, or when im playing them? and sysinfo is just sysinfo in teh installer?

edit: and when do i need to turn ssh back on?
  7. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Whenever you need to SSH into your iPod Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

(acessing your iPod Touch files via wifi with your computer)
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    can you explain to a NOOB how to know which are safe to kill and how you know which ones you need to hold the home button for?

thanks

edited, i have about 20 processes running, some i understand such as mail etc, but others just say iapd, cron, ptpd. any way of finding out what these are?
  9. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can also turn the brightness down in settings and that will help save battery.
  10. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

get rid of the useless stuff on your iPod. If your running apps which weren't on the iPod already they probably use the cpu more. And before there was probably nothing much to do apart from listen to music which can just got for days before running out of battery lol.