power button wont work properly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vi3tx13oy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. vi3tx13oy

vi3tx13oy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi, i have an ipod touch 1st gen. and i've been using it over a year now. my power button is pinned inside the itouch so it is very hard to press it( i have to use my finger nails ). the button still works but its just extremely very hard to press it and when i want to shut it off or restart it, it never works because i cant tell if im pressing it. is there a way to fix this problem? thanks
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you're feeling adventurous, you could try to ply it out with a knife. I don't know the extent of the button's position, so maybe if you posted a picture or two, that might help.
  3. cameraboirzu

cameraboirzu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    We can't help w/o pics. If its really jammed and you dont want to use a knife, see if you can find a tutorial to pop your device open and push out the button through the inside.
    How do people let their buttons go in anyway? Do you throw your devices against the ground?

*note*: I can't be held responsible if you f*** up and destroy your itouch because you didnt open it right.
  4. vi3tx13oy

vi3tx13oy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah my power button is really jammed inside and it is very hard to use a knife to pop it out. if i need to pop it out i would need something reallly really slim, which i dont know what. and i dont really want to opoen my itouch because i am scared of the risk. anyway here are some pics if it really helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it jailbroken ? Then use SBSettings to put it into standby, power off, reboot, etc and use the Home button to turn it back on. You could also use the computer cable to turn it on if you powered off (or if you're on the road, your fingernail).
  6. vi3tx13oy

vi3tx13oy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nah its not jailbroken, i just want me power button to pop out so i can use it like for jailbreaking cause i need to put it into dfu mode but its hard to press the power button for more then 10 sec. when its jammed inside.
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I opened up my iPhone to fix a jammed power button following a guide on iFixit. It wasn't too hard.
  8. vi3tx13oy

vi3tx13oy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what tool can i use to open up my ipod because i do not have anything that is very slim
  9. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Paper clip ? Sewing needle ?
  10. ellisyun

ellisyun Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is almost the same problem I have, except that my iPod's power button is unresponisive on one side of the power button.

It's extremely hard to press, and can get annoying.

I'm taking it to the genius bar in the apple store to see if it can get a new one.