Power button not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Shamko, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Shamko

Shamko Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Today i noticed that my power button is not working like it should. When i press it.. it just wont take my ipod to sleep mode. Before that i had some sort of a bug or something when i was playng games.. the "slide to power off" thing just poped out.... and i wasnt even close to the power button. Then i had some freaky screen blinking at lockscreen an hour ago. I can feel the button when i press it but its just not working............ help? I tried restoring my ipod and that button is still not working

Please Register or Log in to view images

I didnt buy my ipod from Apple Store (dont think they have em in my country.. thats Estonia) but i still have the papers, the original ipod box and the paper box cover. The only thing i used was the usb cable and the ipod itself.

P.S. CMON! ITS ONLY 2 MONTHS OLD!!!

EDIT: Hey if i find an Apple Store here.. will they fix my ipod? that is if i wont get it replaced in the shop where i bought it...
  2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you can feel the button click maybe the contacts from the switch are messsed up or it could always be a software problem.
  3. Shamko

Shamko Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    EDIT: False alarm dudes

My stupid little bro stole my ipod.. placed his "slightly used" ipod in my ipod`s case and took my ipod`s backup.
    I guess "kick his little ass" it is............

P.s. i noticed that there was no screen protection.. my ipod has it (its barely noticeable) + serial number was different