Power button broken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by StevenX, Jul 17, 2008.

1. StevenX

StevenX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    A while back, my power button seemed to be broken on my Touch. After mailing my iPod back to Apple, they said nothing was wrong with it, but they re-flashed it with the newest software and it worked again..

Now, a few months later, it seems to be broken again.. I found THIS PAGE which seems to indicate that it may be a software rather than a hardware problem..

I was wondering if people here think that that could be the case.. Obviously I could find out by just restoring the iPod, but it'd be quite a bit of effort to re-jailbreak it, etc so if I could avoid it I'd rather do so, and wait until the JB for 2.0 comes out, when I'll be messing around with it anyway..
  2. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    how could it be the software if Apple reflashed it with default software and it worked. Unless you saying that apples softwares bad, it HAS to be your hardware
  3. StevenX

StevenX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Umm.. The whole point is that if Apple reflashed it, then it must be the software and not the hardware?

Since it got fixed (I should have maybe made this clearer), I upgraded to 1.1.3 (I think when it first broke and came back it was on 1.1.2) and jailbreaked it..

So what I'm suggesting is that perhaps something in the jailbreaking has caused this, and if I restored to a "normal," un-jb firmware, then maybe the button will work again?

I just wanted to see if this sounded in any way realistic before I spend ages restoring firmwares, re-jbing, etc..
  4. cepax

cepax New Member

i got the se problem but mine wprks sometimes and sometimes not, idk what the problem is tho. ;(
  5. ipodamanda

ipodamanda New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You probably have to get a new one or try again give to apple.