Power button being pushed in pocket

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by foslock, Oct 31, 2007.

1. foslock

foslock Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Everyday before going to school I drop my iPoT into my pocket and use it during my free blocks to play around when I'm bored.

It seems that about once or twice a week I pull it out of my pocket and when I try to turn it on it gives me the Low Battery picture and shuts off.

I check that it is charged at least half way before I take it to school, or else I just leave it at home to charge.

I was wondering how my battery goes from being almost full, to dead without even taking it out of my pocket. What I think is a problem is that when I put it in my pocket, the power button on the top gets pressed and the ipod turns on. showing the "Slide to Unlock" screen.

Anyone have any ideas? Any comments? Anyone else having this problem?

I would rather not have to carry around a USB cable in my backpack to charge it wherever I go, although that is an option.
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    turn it off instead of sleep?
  3. foslock

foslock Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I feel like such an idiot.

Thanks Collateral

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

thats actually a big problem go to apple and tell them that after 1 or 2 hours of music your battery life is gone by 20-40% and see if you can get another one
  5. Antimatter

Antimatter New Member

Nah you're not the only one. I had my iPod fully charged before school, put it to sleep, then about 4 hours later I got it out during my full block only to see the 20% battery pop up and then it shut off a second later.
    Just today I had it three fourths charged and then I got it out about 20 minutes ago to show my friend a skate video on it and then after watching it for 2 minutes and put it to sleep again. I just came in from skateboarding and I turned it on and the 20% battery sign popped up again.

It doesn't really bother me because it doesn't happen that often, but it could get annoying.
  6. arkady

arkady New Member

You're not the only one who's had that problem. The first day after I got my iTouch, I put it back in its box for storage overnight. The next morning, it was comepletely discharged and I had to connect it to my Mac to get the power level up again.

Turns out that the plastic insert in which the iTouch rests in its box has a little cutout on one end, to clear the power button. If you put the Touch in backwards, the plastic insert presses and holds the power button in.

I'd like to see the power button recessed, so it can't get accidentally pressed.