Potentially bricked iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by murkage, Oct 6, 2008.

1. murkage

murkage New Member

I tried using quickpwn to jailbreak 2.1, but it has frozen on the boot screen, the boot screen stays static and occasionally the light goes off and reboots back into the Apple icon. Nothing happens and itunes will not let me restore.

Right now I cannot even get itunes to recognize that an iphone is plugged in.

Occasionally after several unplug / reboots it says "iTunes could not connect to iPhone because an unknown error occured..." and then "iTunes could not connect to iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device"

Any ideas?

I just want to be able to restore. I've even tried running Quickpwn again, but quickpwn will not even recognize that the iphone is plugged in

?!?!
  2. joshkay

joshkay New Member

You have to put the device into DFU mode by holding both the power and home button for 10 seconds, and then you have to release the power button, while still holding the home button for another 10 seconds. iTunes will then recognize that a device is in DFU mode and you can restore from there. If you want to jailbreak make sure that you set it up as a new iPod and DON'T restore from a backup. Your backup may be corrupt and may cause the same error to occur.
  3. murkage

murkage New Member

doesnt work.

it just starts up into the Apple boot icon and iTunes still does not recognize an iphone being plugged in
  4. joshkay

joshkay New Member

Make sure the iPod is turned off first and that your holding the buttons for the exact amount of time. It may take a couple of tries.
  5. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No if your going to do it the way the kid above me describes then the ipod has to be ON. Then you hold the power and home untill it turns off and then just release the power button and keep holding the home untill itunes recognizes it. (it should be connected via usb during this time)
  6. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

DFU should work, almost everyone who can't restore normally can restore with DFU. Just keep trying until it works.
  7. murkage

murkage New Member

I eventually got it, thanks.

It took many, many tries...but eventually iTunes recognized the iPhone and allowed me to restore.

still unjailbroken, after two very lengthy tries with quickpwn.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Mythul

Mythul New Member

Hey third time's a charm riight?