Potential Solution for Frozen Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deleted account, Aug 7, 2008.

1. From the many posts of http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1600894&tstart=135

My iPod Touch has been freezing and freezing over and over again. I've already restored 8 times now. I'm currently restoring right now.
    Anyways, I've done some Googling and I came across the thread listed above.

The thread contains 200+ posts from various iPhone/iPod Touch 2.0/.1 firmware users who are not happy. Some have even given some suggestions. One person said that it is because of two apps: Mocha VNC Lite and NY Times. Other people say it is because of the 2.0/.1 firmware update.

Right after my iPod Touch 16GB with 2.0.1 firmware finishes restoring again, I will delete those two apps and let you know.

Another solution has been reported working by one person.
    I have not tried this method myself yet.

I hope this helps everyone!
  2. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

The Joker, a member here, made a tutorial like this and it was really good. These two are similar. Thanks. The more people who can find this solution then the less restoring that will have to be done.
  3. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Let me know how it works for you.
    I've given up and just done a restore/reset to factory settings, and got rid of all my free apps pretty much, including NY Times.
    I've posted a thread with a theory that it's one of these apps (or lite versions) that is causing this freeze. My Touch seems to be running fine now without NY Times (though also without any of the other free apps), but I'm much happier (and more sane) this way.
    Should this start to happen again, I'll definitely try the reboot method a few times, though I was doing that and finding it utterly frustrating...
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeh i know, because i had to restore because my iPod was stuck, then he made the guide, so that kind of annoyed me a bit
  5. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Yeah. Before I saw the Joker's guide I had restore almost daily.
  6. I won't be having any wi-fi soon since I'm going on a vacation, so I might as well take everything off except a few games and apps.
  7. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Have a great vacation, but weren't you also the one on a previous thread that mentioned removing Carries-Dots app as also a potential reason for freezing?
    If so, did you actually remove it and find it solved the problem?
    If you're not the dude, sorry and still have a great vacation!

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  8. Ah yes that was me.
    Yes I removed it along with NY Times and Mocha VNC Lite and everythings seems awesome. I haven't had a restore all day, and my iPod seems more stable than ever.
    I hope this helps :3

Also, thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

I will have fun on my vacation.