Potential achieved

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arikado, Feb 17, 2009.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There is no competition, no other device can compete with what Apple has brought us.

There is absolutely no handheld device in the world that can compete with the iPhone. The ipod touch stands closely behind.

I bought my ipod touch 2G a month after it came out. I thought the appstore was AMAZING, it was/is nothing no other device had/has. I was downloading free apps and 99 cent apps like no tomorow.

I just tethered jailbroke it last week. The potential of customization, emulators, and third party applications just enriched the experience tenfold.

I used to have second rate web-flash like games on my ipod that i downloaded for free from the appstore. It led me to by quality games such as monopoly, scrabble, etc. I now have almost every game you need in every bored occassion. I can instant message with beejive, now hotmail using Mail, and not to mention the old fashion- surf the web. On top of all this, I have books, comics, manga, GBA/NES roms, offline maps. I can have every goddamn thing I want or need. It's so ridiculous that I'm literally speechless.

And this is just coming from an ipod touch user, I mean, seriously, If i had an iphone it would increase my experience with this products even further. How might you ask? Well for one thing, I won't need to carry 2 devices (phone and ipod). The iphone has voice input: for voice recording, voice clips on BeeJive, ocarina, etc. It also has a camera, quick pic sending on Beejive; A CAMERA. How else? TEXT messaging, GPS, more access to contacts (phone numbers "(that you can actually make a call to) along with emails and other information. And last but not least, my favorite: BLUETOOTH. Wireless earphones ftw. Wireless connection.

Now add an adhoc network to connect with other ipod/iphone users to transfer files, and this would be perfect.

I honestly think the max potential has been achieved.
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I second that, Apple has taken this device real far, if only they'd give us customization.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You've been enlightened I see.
  4. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm glad you love your iPod as do I. I think the iPod/ iPhone hasn't met it's peak just yet. A couple more updates, it'll be perfect. You have to remember there's always room for improvement.
  5. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think the only flaw now is the capacity, and the design. If apple can get rid of the uncessary black border for me to make it smaller (keep screensize) then that will do for me.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wait for the Android Powered Archos device.
  7. kdzsnake

kdzsnake New Member

Hey i need help my ipod wont turn on or be detected1!!!!!!
  8. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    *gasp* Apple hater! Apple hater!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Remember the 6 R's:
    1. Recharge- Charge your iPod.
    2. Reboot- Turn your iPod off then turn it back on.
    3. Reset your iPod- To reset iPod touch, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo.
    4. Remove- If iPod touch is not working as expected, it may be due to some of the content synced to it. Try selectively removing certain content that may be causing unexpected behavior such as songs, contacts, calendars, photos, videos, or podcasts. To remove content, connect iPod touch via USB and use iTunes to change the sync settings. Click on iPod touch in the Source list, and select each tab to change what content is synced and click Apply.
    5. Reset Settings- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset All
    If that does not resolve your issue, try erasing all settings.
    Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings

WARNING: Only do this if all else fails.
    6. Restore- Look here
  9. kdzsnake

kdzsnake New Member

HELP PLs1!!!!!!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i cant restore!!111
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    it wont recharge!
  10. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There is no way that thing can match up to the quality of the iPhone. As long as Apple has the appstore, nothing can compare. It's too late to build an appstore thats as innovative and as rapid as Apple's successful appstore, good device or not.