Posts Per Page

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by vahnx, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I don't want to necrobump so I'll post links to the two other threads:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84257
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125562

Now that it's 2010, would it be OK to allow one to increase the amount of posts to say.. all per page? Or at least 40 like this person claims to have had in 2008:

I assume the bandwidth for something like this might not be much of an issue, because many people probably never go into their user CP to change settings and would never notice a toggle for such a thing. I could be wrong though.

Right now I believe you can toggle between 5 and 10 only, and the default which is also 10.
  2. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree with this.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Stretch fit/Wide view/whatever for the forum would be great also, for the users with larger monitors. Currently it's fixed and leaves a lot of blank room to be used.
  4. cbren

cbren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The only reason I don't see this happening is because it could eat up resources of the server way to easily.
  5. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Actually, I've answered this a few times in previous threads. The reason is because it creates inconsistent links to thread pages. For example, if you are viewing at 10pp your page 4 will be page 2 of people viewing at 20pp. This makes it hard for search engines as well as for users.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.