Post Zibri Jailbreak Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by themerceny, Mar 27, 2008.

1. themerceny

themerceny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    This is the situation. I jailbroke my ipod and my cousins ipod successfully with zibri's method. My other cousin on the other hand has a little problem. All our ipods are 16GB pre mac world itouchs.

My cousins problem is that whenever he tries to change his wallpaper, the image begins to load and then crashes. THe same for his music and video (although it could just be because there are no music or movies there but i dont think so). photos work just fine. So i thought i would restore and rejailbreak. No go. Here is wut i tried.

Pluged ipod to computer. computer and ipod both make noises just like it should when new devices are connected. itunes does not recognize his ipod on any computer. While plugged in i put it into restore mode holding home and sleep. Click restore and goes though the process but gives me an error message. Used ziphone to kick it back into normal mode. Also tried to restore to 1.1.1 by downloading firmware 1.1.1 and holding shift and clicking restore.

not sure what do try now. Thinking of using ziphone to kick the pod into DFU mode and then trying to restore but not sure if i cant if i can kick it back into normal mode. Anyone got any suggestions?
  2. yz85 rider

yz85 rider Banned

If you are on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 you have to go into DFU mode to restore to any firmware below 1.1.4
  3. CF4714

CF4714 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you use iLiberty+ you can kick it back into normal mode... Then after you can put it into DFU mode and restore with that....

Make sure you (Shift+Left Click) restore through iTunes...
  4. Spiky

Spiky New Member

Next time, just ssh in and delete offending files instead of re-JBing over an app that isn't behaving.
  5. themerceny

themerceny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    thanks guys. i'll try kicking it into dfu mode and restore to 1.1.1 and restore back to 1.1.4 and use iliberty. thanks!
  6. themerceny

themerceny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Is there a possible chance to get any restore errors while in DFU mode? I should be able to go back to normal mode from ziphone from DFU mode if anything should go wrong rite?
  7. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU will work
  8. themerceny

themerceny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    PROBLEM RESOLVED.

Thanks guys!