Post your protection set-up!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Hellishness, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, I'm hoping to make a thread that will help people looking for cases. All you have to do is:
    *Say what you have to protect you're iPhone/iPod
    *Say what you like/don't like about it
    *Give it a recommendation (yes/no, why)
    *Rate it out of 10
    If you have nothing on your device, say why you like/don't like this set-up.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll go first:

iPod touch:
    BestSkinsEver back, PowerSupport crystal front
    I really love the look and feel of my iPod. It feels like there's generally nothing on there, even though the back is a little sticky. The back is wavy/"orange-peeled", but I think it looks better than a case or scratches, by a long shot. It doesn't protect from drops too much, but I've dropped my iPod once from the chair that I'm sitting in right now at my computer, from about 2 feet onto wood floor, and once from my couch, about 2 feet onto very hard tile. No scratches or dents

I highly recommend this set-up. Scratch protection thats virtually invisible and doesn't get scratched

9/10, no drop protection, but I love my scratch protection

iPhone 3G, black:
    Switcheasy Capsule Rebel in the Devil color with black silicone and a red spine; saran wrap under the case so that dust and such doesn't scratch it. Nothing on the screen.
    I like that it feels nice and solid. I'm comfortable with my iPhone being dropped with no worries. I have the saran wrap going over my camera hole so that that's protected, and you can't see it. I like the cover for the charging port. I really hate how it makes my iPhone feel about twice as big as it is 'naked', and it feels so nice every time i take it out of the case to clean it. I plan on getting some kind of invisible protection soon, and I'll update this thread with that.
    I recommend this if you're looking for protection over feel (looks pretty nice). My chrome bezel shows in some places, which kinda annoys me

6/10. Don't like the bulkiness at all

Hopefully we can keep this going and help some people out

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong part of this forum, but i couldn't decide between iPhone cases and iPod touch cases.

Hellishness

2. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Touch 2g
    Power Support antiglare 8/10
    Incase slider 8/10

Antiglare is amazing but adds graininess to screen. Incase slider is a b33ch to screen protectors that aren't on 100% perfectly. I got the black but a white would be so damn sexy!
  3. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

iPod touch 2g
    BSE - 8/10
    I've had it on for a year, and it's peeling. It was cheap and it does as advertised. It doesn't protect from drops, and you will notice peeling faster if you pocket your device frequently, but for the price, it's unbeatable.
  4. KeneticSight

KeneticSight New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iPod Touch 2g

Invisible Skin 8/10
    Protects your screen 100% from scratches. But it becomes sticky and fingerprints are a pain

Belkin silicone case 9/10
    great against drops and protects the back. Lint magnent
  5. Bankrobber

Bankrobber Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    damnit I just had this idea for this thread oh well

iPhone 3g
    White incase slider
    SGP anti-fingerprint screenshield to come on thursday

I needed to get a screenshield because I am starting to get little tiny hairline scratches.

incase slider is the best case I have ever used. dropped it multiple times and no damage done. 10/10
  6. rosscol106

rosscol106 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ipod Touch 2g.

Switcheasy Capsule Rebel (Red) - Red silicone and a darker red spine, looks great on my iPod and feels great to hold. I was expecting it to be bulkier after reading reviews but it was surprisingly nice, although it is still bulky I am happy with it.

The only bad thing about it is I can't put a screen protector on my screen without the case creasing it and making air bubbles.

I would get this case if you're looking for a tough case that looks good and can take a beating, but it is a tad bulky.

7.5/10

7. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Speck Candy Shell 9/10 - Best case I've used so far, but it's slightly too thick for my liking, but not bad enough that I don't use it.

Definitely recommend it as the inside is made of soft rubber so it doesn't scratch the fragile parts of the phone/ipod and the outside is hard enough to protect from most damage.

Thinking about getting a mirror screen protector, but not too sure yet.