Post-Screen swap issue. Need some insight.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kurt_thatcher, Sep 26, 2010.

1. kurt_thatcher

kurt_thatcher New Member

So the other day I swapped the screens on my iPhone after it suffered a shattered screen. Procedure went great got it done first try, all except one thing. The third connecter, the one with the lever got bent slightly due to me being careless, I just went ahead and slid it back in, except I'm not too sure it actualy got all the way in.
    Anyway, now my phones earpiece has
    No sound, (and I know for a fact it's not the whole "headphone mode" issue.)
    I was reading that that third piece is what allows the earpiece to put out sound, if this is correct is it not working because of the slight bend or is it just not connected all the way, if so can I safely bend it back?
    If it's done it's no big deal I'll just use speakerphone, just looking for some insight as to what I should do.
  2. MCSticks

MCSticks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    From my experience, which is not that great, but I have replace at least half a dozen screens, is that the 3 connector is actually pretty difficult to insert completely.

You have got to kinda shimmy it in as far as it will go and then VERY CAREFULLY use, lets say the flat end of a pen or a set of tweezers and push it that extra 1-2mm then drop the clip. Once again just be very careful as some of them go in relatively easy and some of them are real pains in the ass.

Hope that helps.
  3. kurt_thatcher

kurt_thatcher New Member

It definintly did, and your right, the 3 connecter is
    Such a pain to get in, I think it's in all the way but it's obviously not lol
    I'll keep trying

Please Register or Log in to view images