Post Jailnreak help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Kasaki, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I already jailbroke my ipod it's on a jb 1.1.3 using the Ziphone method. Now I got a couple of apps but I wanna be able to use wincp like I have of many people doing, when I go to downlaod it says I need Bsd subsystem so I try to download that and it takes forever, everyting else works I have bosstools boss prefs, and am on installer 3.0, thx in advanceds
  2. deveelx

deveelx New Member

wait, so what was your question or problem? bsd subsystem, winscp, bosstools?
  3. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well basically the bsd subsystem not downloading, and also winscp trying to make an account sorry for not being clear
  4. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Okay. Much better. Thanks for clearing that up.

For the BSD Subsystem:

Yes. BSD Subsystem downloads and installs a bit longer than other applications. It just need a bit of patience to install BSD. Just wait for it to finish. It takes like about 1-5 minutes to finish the installation. Though it is recommended that BSD Subsystem must be installed in 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. For some reason, 1.1.3 doesn't install other applications quite right and perfect. If you are willing to restore your iPod touch and rejailbreak to 1.1.2 then you should. While in 1.1.2, you then must installe BSD Subsystem. But then, it is your choice to restore.

WinSCP Setup:
    Go here for tutorial
    1 person likes this.
  5. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Umm, so thier is no way to get bsd to work on a 1.1.3 jb ipod? Thanks for your infoI had just gotten everything figured out to, shouldI try cydia?
  6. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    also now when I try to install bsd it says must install bsd first?

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. deveelx

deveelx New Member

BSD Subsystem does work on jailbroken 1.1.3. In fact, I have jailbroken iPod touch 1.1.3 and BSD Subsystem installed (v 2.0). By the way, what version of BSD are you trying to install?

I am not familiar with Cydia, but I know it's another Installer.app version. There are reports that Cydia doesn't seem to work perfectly or at least doesn't seem to install nicely.
  8. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm tring to install 2.1 it gets to about 75% then it just stops on me, I even put my ipod right in front of my router lol
  9. deveelx

deveelx New Member

If you have 2.0 on Installer then you should try that. But I doubt it's in Installer since 2.1 is the new version. I currently have 2.0.
    I don't know the source for the 2.0. kepp try to install BSD Subsyste. Restart your iPod touch.
  10. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright, am gonna downgrade to 1.1,1 and then jailbreka that upgrade to 1.1.2 and then to 1.1.3, also I watched ipod touch masters video and he said he lost his 20$ apps...umm is that true I'll lose crap?
    EDIT:when trying to downgrade to 1.1.1 I got a the Ipod cannot be restored so now I gotta go into restore and update,
    at least thats what I found the solution was when I searched the forums