Post favorite band and explain.

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by ((( Sunn Aphex ))), May 15, 2010.

1. ((( Sunn Aphex )))

((( Sunn Aphex ))) New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Opeth

I like Opeth for several different reasons. They have a very unique sound that I have not heard from any other progressive metal band. They combine jazz and folk music into their death metal very well. Their vocals range from screaming/growling to "normal" singing. It's very clear.

Each song is usually a 10 or more minute masterpiece. Each song has it's solos, quiet parts, and louder parts. They are (I dare use the word) epic songs. Everyone of their albums is very different yet similar at the same time. Each one is full of quality music and deserves to be listened to.

They sound amazing live...simply amazing.

I will add more of why I like them when I am less tired

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. colonbracket

colonbracket New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lots to choose from but for today i'll have to choose...

Radiohead

they have about 7 albums (i think 13 now including special editions) and every album they explore more different and diverse musical creations. Within their career they have acheived about 4 differet genres, all more beautiful and complete than the last.

For me radiohead are able to create an atmosphere in their songs, which often set up a deeper elaboration of its meaning further on. Radiohead can change my mood or help me feel better as i listen to different songs. Their really a band you have to lay down, close your eyes, and just listen to....

i could go on for longer but im gonna get out my ipod and listen to them some more

3. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Green Day because they have been going since 1989 and they are still going strong today. My fave member is tre cool coz he is an awesome drummer and he is like retarded and fun.
  4. ((( Sunn Aphex )))

((( Sunn Aphex ))) New Member

Device:
    iPad
    makes me wanna go listen to them right now

------------------double post merged------------------
    <_<

what does that even mean?
  5. Calhoun

Calhoun New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

those are all my favorite bands, and i couldn't ever pick one so i'll just do all of them. (i could narrow it down to 3 or 4 but eh)

i'll go in chronological order in terms of who i started listening to first, then

1) muse

muse is the band that really got me into music. before i discovered them i was listening to linkin park, blink 182, standard radio stuff. and then i saw muse at edgefest '07, and even though the sound was pretty crappy and their set was cut short, they completely blew me away and/or opened my eyes to good music. soon after that i decided to delete my entire library and only listen to muse.

it was a gradual process, learning to like music, and when i first went through their site and listened to all their songs i only liked a few, actually.. one of my favorite albums today, origin of symmetry, i remember listening to and not liking at ALL. but for the next 6 months-ish i listened to basically nothing but muse, and really got to know all their albums, going backwards from newest->oldest. this really expanded my taste, and i even started liking their slow songs

so anyway muse is my favorite band 'cos they have such a huge variety of stuff, all of which appeals to my taste; compare this (soft soothing thing) to this (hard rocking angry song) to this (very heavy, sort of bitter piano song), i could go on for more or less every one of their songs; they all have something special about them that sets them apart from the rest. oh and then there's stuff like this and this, all the wonderfully entertaining stuff they get up to

2) sigur rós

so sigur ros is a post-rock/ambient/whatever band from iceland and has some of the most beautiful/powerful/triumphant songs in town. takk...'s one of my favorite albums ever, and agaetis byrjun is up there too
    to quote a pretty cool dude-

3) boards of canada

the undisputed masters of all that is ambient idm (as distinguished from the more breakcore style idm of aphex twin/vsnares), every track is perfectly put together and layered, and none of it ever gets boring. the atmospheres in their songs are amazing, full of nostalgia. check it out yo check it check it out

they've also got some of the best song titles around

4) gogol bordello

l8r

-i'll edit this later and fill in the rest; gonna go eat now
  6. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

Kings of Leon are my favourite band, yes everyone knows 'em but I like them alot, great music, great singing.
  7. mk211

mk211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Coldplay
    They're one those bands that produce music that can be heard anytime/ in any mood .
    Their songs are real simple : no blazing-fast guitar solos, no intricate bass lines, no complicated lyrics and yet their songs are liked by casual listeners as well as "serious" musicians.
    'Trouble' and 'Fix You' clearly define the band
  8. dprice81

dprice81 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Robert Randolph. One of the best guitarists, can play normal guitar and steel pedal guitar like nobodys business. Music combines elements of jam, funk, soul. All their lyrics are great and live is great to see as well.
  9. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Are you me in disguise? xD
  10. im_helping_people_chill

im_helping_people_chill New Member

Right now, it's a mix between Converge, and Psyopus.

Converge is the main band that got me into hardcore, and I just started listening to them again.

Pysopus can't be explained with words.