Possibly Useful, But Mostly Convenient

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Yoshi and Roy, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Yoshi and Roy

Yoshi and Roy New Member

If possible, I think someone should figure out how to modify how long the HOME button must be held down for an application to close. For someone like me who always closes applications when he's done using them, closing an application can be a drag because you have to hold the HOME button for 6 seconds. Anyways, yeah, possibly convenient mod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I agree. This would be great..... 3 seconds is long enough.
  3. sickness

sickness New Member

lol. i jus press the home button once and it directly sends me back to the home page. i dont hold it to close the app.

having that said, will that ruin my ipot in any way?
  4. gamer4eva

gamer4eva Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I do not believe it will ruin it, but it will deplete your iPod's battery life and increase the chances of the iPod to crash. But other than that it should be fine, no long term damages.

~gamer4eva
  5. sickness

sickness New Member

so its recommended that i hold the "home" button rather than jus press it in regards to closing an app?

so does that apply to every app on my ipot?
  6. JeffS

JeffS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it doesn't necessarily apply to every application, as some actually do close out cleanly when you switch away. The Notes application appears to actually quite when you hit the home button. But MediaPlayer, and Safari will stay alive. I've noticed this while using the terminal emulator. I wrote a quick script to kill anything launching from the Applications directory to try to free things up and run a bit more smoothly.

If I knew how to make a shell script into an app that could be tapped on, I would, and then pass it around. I've found that killing most of the unused stuff seems to be good for battery, and lack of crashing.

-Jeff
  7. Yoshi and Roy

Yoshi and Roy New Member

Yeah, typically, closing all of the applications is the best route to go. My battery has thanked me multiple times. I'm just kind of sick of waiting for 6 seconds before I can close something. I'll be it's some easy value to modify, you just have to figure out what file it's in in the first place.
  8. RedRoo

RedRoo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it would be fantastic to have some sort of 'Close all' type of application. ie play around, finish, and close ALL apps together in one go. Or at least some way to see what might be running in the background? I know i always forget, and having to go back to all the apps i might have open and then close each using 6 second rule is a pain in the backside...

9. atticus182

atticus182 New Member

i reckon that

10. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, an extra icon on the home screen that could safely close all running applications would be sweet.