possibly skipped a step in attempting to install iphone apps? missing folder

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krzcracka1, Oct 21, 2007.

1. krzcracka1

krzcracka1 New Member

i made a post earlier about not being able to access my ipod through ws_ftp.

that problem is resolved.

my next problem(and...i really cant figure it out) is really bothering me. up to this point, i have restored and jailbroken my ipod. i have ended any processes related to apple, the ipod or itunes.

i have successfully accessed my ipod through ws_ftp.

i was watching the tutorial by ipodtouchmaster; he says to goto media_sym, then library, then frameworks.

here goes the problem...

i get to the library sub folder, but there is no frameworks folder...i get as far as media_sym/library then cannot find the frameworks folder in the list. i have done this several times and nothing has happened. i have ended the connection, re-connected and still nothing.

i feel like i am missing a step somewhere, but i have no idea where.

i appreciate any thoughts.

thanks

oh, one thing to contrast to ipodtouchmaster's vid tutorial is that my media_sym icon(first access ipod, 3 icon listed) is a small chain-link compared to ipodtouchmaster's which is an actual folder. anybody think of any reason for that or is it just...some silly thing that has no meaning.
  2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I use win scp and dont remember that kind of image.
  3. krzcracka1

krzcracka1 New Member

hmm...i dont know if its significance is that important. it still brings me to the same directory of subfolders minus the frameworks sub folder.
  4. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    in had the same problem, all you have to do is once you connect to the ftp, just copy and paste, so paste in for example "/System/Library/Frameworks/"

(without the quotes)

paste it right into the directory path bar above change folder/new folder and hit enter.

it works for;

/Applications/
    /System/Library/Frameworks/
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/
  5. krzcracka1

krzcracka1 New Member

to clarify, am i creating a frameworks folder( adding the folder into the library subfolder?) THEN pasting the frameworks files(from the original iphone apps{stuff folder})?
  6. krzcracka1

krzcracka1 New Member

ok...nevermind...

i got it to work.