Possibly Bricked iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by t3horeo, Jun 27, 2009.

1. t3horeo

t3horeo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, i've used this site before to point me to how to jailbreak, how to put my ipod in DFU mode, but now i come with a real problem. So here's how it went:

I bought my iTouch 2g BRAND NEW in February. It worked great but was lacking versatility so I jailbroke it about 3 weeks ago with QuickFreedom. That worked great. I've been using it jailbroken very nicely since then. Then yesterday, I was on Cydia and I downloaded an app called iHeroes that lets you download heroes episodes. I couldn't quite get it to work properly and I was on youtube trying to figure it out when all of a sudden, my screen turns black and it has that spinning loading circle thing. Then the entire thing turns black. I thought it might have been battery or something of that sort so I charge it overnight. This morning it still didn't work. I've tried putting it in restore mode, i've tried putting it in DFU mode, I turned on iTunes and it doesn't show up at all. iPhoneBrowser doesn't recognize it, and in My Computer it doesn't show up at all (usually it says it is a camera).

I want to know if anyone had this problem before and whether or not it's fixable.

Please help me!
  2. prauny

prauny Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't worry dude. Open iTunes, now while holding down the Home button on your iPod plug it into the USB. Keep holding Home until iTunes sees it. Now you can restore and make it better.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Do DFU mode right

Shift-click restore

You can always do DFU as it is in hardware, not software of the ipod.
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU Restore. It's not bricked. It can't be bricked. End of story.
  5. deepower

deepower New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ipod nevr gets bricked.Its cant be... and here's the magical words for you: DFU-iTunes-Shift-Click-Restore.
  6. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just use a timer.

Make sure its off.
    Hold Power for 3 seconds
    Now hold home with power for 10 seconds
    Now let go of power and hold home for 30 seconds or until you here a chime on your computer