Possible Workaround for jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by IamMartin, Jan 22, 2009.

1. IamMartin

IamMartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know the release of the jailbreak would be imminent if not for the problem that the jailbreak dies after it is rebooted, i was thinking why don't they release the manual jailbreak with VERY detailed instructions and develop an app which runs in the background whenever you apply the jailbreak and when you turn off the iPod touch it manipulates the code to make it think it's not off but it's actually gone to "sleep" crazy idea? probably, harder than it sounds i guess
  2. xjamesd93

xjamesd93 New Member

well that would be a waste of time, because #1 the jailbreak still works when woken up from the sleep screen, it just doesnt work when rebooted.
  3. Clash

Clash New Member

Wow why don't you just read the FAQ? And the jailbreak is not lost when you put the iPod to sleep, but when you shut it down.
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    its harder than it sounds. the dev team said they are looking for a lower level exploit like the the exploit they needed to make yell0wsn0w. idk. but that's what i read.