Possible way to upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ex-Touch, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

I have an iPod touch 3G 32GB still under warranty till November 18th. Recently (like two days ago), I have spotted a very strange light abnormality on my screen. If you put the keyboard in landscape, it would be right under the "A" key. It's basically a bright light shining through the glass. I'm guessing it's a defect or damage. I've only ever dropped it when it was in my hard case. It gets on my nerves a lot and I was going to sell it but I believe this might severely attack resale value. I would take a picture, but ATM I can't. Would Apple take this and allow an exchange or would they just give me a refurb 3G?
  2. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    you would get the same model you were replacing.
  3. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Oh. I see.
  4. soong

soong New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    They could probably give you another 3G, like biikmans said.
    However, if you have a MAJOR DEFACT OR PROBLEM, then you can ask for paying more and receiving a new one.
    I tried once, and worked. It was for iPod Nano, 5th to 6th generation. Luckily, my iPod Nano's camera and half of the screen was unresponsive, and they didn't have any in the stock. I paid 10% (they figured a way to give me a new one) of the original price of the iPod Nano, and got fresh new iPod Nano 6th GEN!!!!!

gl on yours. possible way:
    Convince them to give you a replacement. Not directly, but lead them into some way that will make them replace yours.
    Then, you'll get a fresh new iPod Touch, in box (or the plastic case or whatever it comes with). Ask some of your friends if they are interested in buying the iPod Touch 3G for cheaper, unopened. Maybe 80% of the price? If they are tech-savvy, they would definitely know that current iPods have some problem and some will choose to buy yours.
  5. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

I ha a buyer for this for $200 but because of this it might be less.
  6. soong

soong New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Try to get replaced, at least. That would help you more, since it's under warranty.
    plus, that a great deal, considering that the buyer knows iPod Touch 4G is out.
  7. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

8. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Get it replaced if you can. An employee told me they dont send you a scratched up one, they replace the shell before sending out a refurb. So then you can sell it as a like new model.
  9. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Yep.if I recall the refurbished pages say that. The only thing that is used is the board, but that will never see the light of day anyway so it really doesn't matter. Besides they check the board too to make sure its in working order.
  10. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Hmm. Sounds good. I'm gonna call em up later and see when I can make an appointment.