possible way to get the apps for free

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by deleted account, Jan 17, 2008.

1. whenever i restored my ipod, it was always ask if i would like to set it back to the back up, couldnt someone who has already gotten the apps, put their backup file for others to use, and then replace that file with the one on our computers, and then click restore (if you are already up at 1.1.3) it should just replace everything with the apps, once its done and asks if you wanna set it back to your old ipod

im sure this will work, because apple cant make you pay every time, if something happens to your ipod and you need to restore
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

This method won't work, because the backup of your applications is specific to your personal iTunes account, and the file that actually makes the change that "adds" the new features is encrypted.
  3. NUCLEaR

NUCLEaR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, when it syncs the apps it checks for who's syncing it since all the account info is stored inside the App files. Backups would just give a non-authorized error.
  4. bentnuts6

bentnuts6 New Member

True, apple is cracking down on everything by all means